PDA

View Full Version : wierd goings on

TriO`
12-06-2006, 23:40
Was driving back to uni yesterday and my clutch started to feel a bit weird and not very sharp… something was obviously up but I continued to drive… suddenly, out of the blue I lost all gears. I tried to engage the clutch but it was not responding at all. I was just slowing down on the hard shoulder of the motorway and at about 5 mph it decided to let me select gears again, wierd :?

I stopped at the next stop and cut the engine…. When I started it again I couldn’t get in reverse because it was crunching really bad…

Anyway. Got home in OK and after this I have had no problems getting in reverse? or with any other gears? and the clutch feels fine :?

What the hell could this have been? Any ideas ?

Cheers, TriO`

P.S just had a rebuilt gearbox put in 2 months ago and a new clutch last year.

summeh
13-06-2006, 00:55
i have this problem, can't sleect gears after a good ragging, think it may be knackered mounts, or maybe the oil is warming up and not doing its job.

my journeys are only short at the moment, so most of the time its ok.

TriO`
13-06-2006, 09:33
hmmm could it be the dog bone mount?

i know mine is abslotutley nackared because theres about 2 inches of movment in my gearstick when i accelerate lol...

makes sense comne to think of it because if it was that far out of place then it would be hard for the gears to be selected .

cheers summeh :) been meaning to change that for ages

hopefully that will be the prob

summeh
13-06-2006, 16:42
not sure mines got a new dogbone mount, but i think my engine may be slightly out of alignment causing the gear selection issues.

VIPERONE
13-06-2006, 16:48
i'd certainly check the mounts are in order, check all bolts involved are tight.. and the dog bone.. if the dogbone is shagged inject polyurethane sealnt to rejuvenate it.

then think about either replacing worn itmes and/or fitting the r19subframe to gearboxmount.. you will have NOplay then!

naturally as a precautionary measure check the gear selection rod and associated ancilliaries are intact andtight.

MAXIBOY
13-06-2006, 17:15
this also tends to happen when the gearbox mount under the battery tray comes loose

VIPERONE
13-06-2006, 17:16
mine oncefell out.. i forgot to put the bolt back on..(well winston did )