PDA

View Full Version : starting probs

TriO`
12-06-2006, 23:31
Wondered if anyone could tell me what the hells going on with my car??

Basically it’s having problems starting…when I try, to start it, it turns over for about a second then cuts out. This continues a number of times but then starts ok randomly.. sometimes it does just start first time ?!?! :?

Occasionally it does not turn over atall…

Any ideas ??

Cheers, TriO`

MatBrown
13-06-2006, 01:31
Sounds like the teeth have worn on either the starter or the flywheel.

Mat.

VIPERONE
13-06-2006, 01:37
what noises is it making

TriO`
13-06-2006, 09:39
Sounds like the teeth have worn on either the starter or the flywheel.

Mat.

cheers matt, hope it isn't the flyweel :(

is the starter awkward to change too ?

what noises is it making

it makes the normal noise of when the starter turns the engine. Usually you can continue forcing this action but mine stops after 1 or 2 turns :? The point where it would usually fire up :?

sometimes, when it doesnt turn over atall, it gives off a little whine. I think this same whine might occur at the point in which it gives up on all other attempts but i'm not 100 % sure

TriO`
13-06-2006, 14:57
hope this works and might give a better impression of whats goign on ?!? :?

have to turn the volume right up to hear the sounds because it's very quiet.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=79FA4FDE2DF451FB

any ideas?

cheers, TriO`

VIPERONE
13-06-2006, 15:07
check the started motor earth nd other wiring.. it may be that the vibrations from the starter is intermittently bridgeing connections etc..

certain check all the wiring etc.. check battery voltages etc check that all starter bolts are there : 3on the starter itself and the one on the bracket.. ive sacked the bracket off and run a seperate earth

MAXIBOY
13-06-2006, 17:18
sounds like a poor earth as gunner said. corrords badley between the gearbox and chassis leg on the passenger side of the engine bay under the battery tray.