PDA

View Full Version : Summer Oil Use

0ilman
12-06-2006, 13:22
Hey its oilman again, I post randomly on motoring boards with really important oil news. I usually pretend I'm replying to someones tricky technical question, I baffle you with science and cunningly leave my contact details so you can buy oil from me. Good Eh?

Anyway this months important topic is French Dressing. Which oil do you use?

Well you have to consider lots of factors, the use to which you put the dressing, how long you use it for, the lettuce shear strength and of course whether you go for an ester based or first press virgin oil. I'd avoid castor based oils as they give you the shits.

To be honest you can make french dressing with any old cack, Asda do an olive oil for under a quid a litre but I wouldn't shine my shoes with it let alone put it on my salad. I use only the best first press extra virgin olive oil and of course thats what I sell - I've heard bad things happening to salads with cheaper non ester based derivatives which leave the onion rings looking quite chaffed.

Anyway thats enough until next month when we look at Cricket Bats - is Linseed really the best?

McPikie
12-06-2006, 13:28
ROFL

Someone has waaaaaaaaaay too much time on their hands.

Gave me a chuckle though

Daz.
12-06-2006, 13:36
I'd avoid castor based oils as they give you the shits.

Classic :D

stew
12-06-2006, 19:05
Classic indeed!

summeh
13-06-2006, 01:02
lol very funny, i'm sure someone has posted summat like that before 8)