PDA

View Full Version : Williams de-cat

Jan
20-04-2005, 12:24
Can anyone on here confirm this?

http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=155245&PagePosition=1

Thanks

KingStromba
20-04-2005, 12:26
Think the downpipe angle is different and i dont think a 16v cat will fit a Williams.

Caramelx
20-04-2005, 12:31
A 16V Cat will NOT fit a williams, From what i remember when we changed them on the cars they have different angles.

Irish Nut
20-04-2005, 12:35
The Flange joints are different, on both ends of the de-cat pipe for the 16V they are the same, on the Willy, one end is rotated round 45 degrees....if that makes sense. :)

Jan
20-04-2005, 12:35
have you read the post? the magnex one has one floating flange which means it might fit? no-one seems sure tho :?

Irish Nut
20-04-2005, 12:42
They are both the same length from what i have seen, but if it does have a rotating flange joint then it should fit both the Willy and 16V no probs! :D

J o n
20-04-2005, 12:44
right, just to settle this. BB tuning have a twisting decat like the one described. It fits both a valver and a Williams as the mounting is exactly the same from the downpipe and the other end on the williams is 45 degrees as opposed to 90. IT WILL DEFFO FIT if it twists. I have given a twisting decat to my mate and it went on his valver no problem.

big hp
20-04-2005, 13:10
Yep as long as its a rotating or floating flange one end it'll fit no probs.

Allan
20-04-2005, 13:18
If the end is floating it will deffo fit, spent all of last weekend under my valver and summys williams playing about fitting the exhaust and various other things

only diffrence is the flange on the end. Summy's manifold on the williams is now a valver one with a valver down pipe, he had to get a valver decat as the williams cat woudlnt lineup, now it all fits perfectly

when you look at a williams down pipe the bolts are virtical i.e one at top of the pipe and one at the bottom but the valver the bolts are horizontal so looking at the pipe the bolts are left and right this is why the end wont fit both unless its floating but from the back of the car the mounting positions are identical both on the valver and williams, making the exhausts interchangerable from cat back

Allan
20-04-2005, 13:18
If the end is floating it will deffo fit, spent all of last weekend under my valver and summys williams playing about fitting the exhaust and various other things

only diffrence is the flange on the end. Summy's manifold on the williams is now a valver one with a valver down pipe, he had to get a valver decat as the williams cat woudlnt lineup, now it all fits perfectly

when you look at a williams down pipe the bolts are virtical i.e one at top of the pipe and one at the bottom but the valver the bolts are horizontal so looking at the pipe the bolts are left and right this is why the end wont fit both unless its floating but from the back of the car the mounting positions are identical both on the valver and williams, making the exhausts interchangerable from cat back

big hp
20-04-2005, 13:23
Theres a echo in here :wink:

summeh
20-04-2005, 13:25
spammage... he's trying to get his post count up :D

Jan
20-04-2005, 14:03
cool - thanks for the replys... it looks like i'll be getting myself a de-cat v soon 8)

just need to find an exhaust now! :roll:

Allan
21-04-2005, 01:16
hmm didnt notice that nice bit of spammage :) been talking to stromba to much ;P

Jan
21-04-2005, 10:12
OK - that's the de-cat sorted - so here's the next question :roll:

Is it ok to run a de-cat and standard exhaust? I've heard mixed opinions on this as well...

J o n
21-04-2005, 10:30
Jan, I put a decat on a standard mid section with a backbox. It was faster.
Wayne has a standard zorst with decat. Again, faster.
I put a decat on me stainless system... slower :shock:
Make of that what you will... I think it's just the type of zorst I have on at the moment, but since cams it's quicker anyway so i'm not arsed now :D

Jan
21-04-2005, 10:34
hmmmmm - cams you say :D

they're on my list for the summer... hehe

I'm doing my first re-build at the moment on a 306, before i start ripping apart the willy :twisted:

Anyway - so it's ok to run the standard exhaust with the de-cat?

J o n
21-04-2005, 14:42
perfectly fine m8, it should pop and flame nice too

Swervin_Mervin
21-04-2005, 14:50
I'd like a proper system that's actually set up to optimise the back pressure etc. This doesn't always mean better loks, but no one seems to offer these for the clios

Rajk
21-04-2005, 19:24
but dont you run the risk of blowing out the baffles on the std system?

J o n
22-04-2005, 00:01
my friends valver hasn't yet in about 10k, but who's to say... really i'd rather blow that than the cat, which do go when you boot it a lot. zorst is cheaper to replace in the long run imo.

Jan
22-04-2005, 10:56
should be picking up the de-cat tomorrow, and i'll be running the standard exhaust for a while, so i'll keep everyone posted on how long it lasts and any gains..