PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure sender location??

fiveyards90right
11-06-2006, 11:42
I want to change my oil pressure sender.....where is it on the engine??

Went into local renault dealers.....the parts guys said he'll have to order one, thats its called an oil sender and sits near the oil filter.....Im a bit worried that maybe hes ordering an oil temp sender ?? as on different posting somebody mentioned the pressure sender is on the back of the engine.

stevie_b
11-06-2006, 12:47
The oil pressure sender should be on the front - just near the oil filter

Daz
11-06-2006, 13:59
The Oil Pressure Sender for the Guage, is at the back, yes.

rt_blackpool
11-06-2006, 17:12
yep back of the engine drivers side, right underneath the manifold.

there's a heat shield over it so u have to really bend your arm in a funny way to get to it! :roll:

stevie_b
11-06-2006, 20:11
Oh, I looked it up for him as well - manual says front. What's the one on the front near the oil filter for then? Manual says lower one on front closer to the middle is oil level sender, one near filter is oil pressure. I know there is one on the rear but I couldn't find it in the manual anywhere so assumed it was oil temperature?

dan-hipgrave
11-06-2006, 20:17
Oil level/temp are the same sender and by the oil filter. Pressure is on its own at the back.

stevie_b
11-06-2006, 21:59
I won't trust Mr.Haynes anymore then :lol:

For future reference, what are the two senders on the front of the block then? One near the filter (which is now 'level and temp') and the other one to the right that looks like it sinks down into the sump (which is why oil level in the book sounded believeable)?

Anyway, I've labelled the wires up as in the book, so until I get my new F7R in I am going to have to keep calling those two level and pressure or else I'm going to get in a right muddle when I come to put it all back together! :lol:

Cheers

dan-hipgrave
11-06-2006, 22:14
I believe (though im not sure how correct this is), but the other electrical part sunk into the front of the block is for the secondary water pump :?

Im sure others will correct me if im wrong on that :?

fiveyards90right
11-06-2006, 22:37
thanks for your replys guys, now I am confused......... :?

MatBrown
12-06-2006, 01:16
Rite,

The one at the front to the left of the oil filter is the oil pressure warning light sensor.
The one to the right of the oil filter that is like a guage that sinks into the sump is the oil level/oil temp sensor.
The oil pressure sensor is at the back as mentioned above.

Mat.

fiveyards90right
12-06-2006, 15:18
Thanks Guys.......

Ive just spoken to my local renault dealer who has now found the oil pressure sender on the back of the engine.....only one problem, he's quoting £86.00 for it.............. :shock:

I think Ill live with the gauge reading low for now.