PDA

View Full Version : Track rods seized HELP!!

Adi82
10-06-2006, 17:52
Im off to le mans on wednesday and after fitting my coilovers thought it best to get the alignment sorted out as it was pulling to one side. Get down to the garage for them to tell me they couldnt do it as my track rod arms were seized.

Is this an easy job to fix myself as i really only have 2 days to sort it.

Anyone out there who can help me do this one of the tunning companies etc. Dont mind travelling as its got to be done?

Any help much appreciated.

Adi

Lunner
10-06-2006, 18:15
worst case cut them off, depends if youhave male ort femal fittings on teh rack, worse case mighht need complete new arms for the rack, or i have a PAS rack for sale

Try loosening them yoursrelf

arj256
11-06-2006, 01:10
I had this problem on my valver when i changed them,
We ended up using a blow torch to get it cherry red and then using some mole grips and a set of handle bars we could hold it still, and then used the jack bar on the bolt of the track rod to twist it.
After quite some time it came undone lol
You may be allright with just using a spanner though.

Gav
11-06-2006, 02:28
same problem

ended up cutting it off and buying a new one

job done 8)

Adi82
11-06-2006, 22:05
sorted it now cheers guys. When i finally got the car in the air i found out i had male track rod ends so some plus gas and a large spanner did the job in no time. Bit unsure why the garage couldnt do it in the first place. Although it was 5 o'clock so probably couldnt be bothered to have a good go at it.

Danny-ACE!
14-06-2006, 14:38
Same Problem. When I was changing my gearbox I had to cut it off the Hub and then buy a new one . When getting it off the Steering rack it was seized.

I just got some WD40 on it and got some mole grips on the flat part, rested it against the Sub frame, stood on it and then got the spanner on the tracking nut and eventually got it off. Took a good 10 minutes though.