PDA

View Full Version : Garstang & District Car Club ~~ Road Rally

cliorod
10-06-2006, 17:40
Just for something different,it is over 15 years since I last drove on a road rally ~~~ which I was lucky enough to win :lol: :lol: ~~ due to the most part,of having a brilliant navigator,more than my driving skills.Our club is organising one inSeptember,and we need to see how they are run.Taking the Williams road car,as the others have very stict rules.apertaining to modifications ~~~ all interior trim has to be retained,"LEGALLY" the MSA control,these events and a 30mph average speed is mandatory :x :x.So various methods of navigation ~~ using 6 figure references on Ordnace survey maps is used.Will post a report Sunday if/when we finish ~~~ runs through the night :lol: :lol:

Martin
10-06-2006, 19:02
Where you from rod I'm from garstang area....

stew
10-06-2006, 19:05
was gonna say that martin was in the garstang area, but he dont know what 30mph is! :P

cliorod
11-06-2006, 11:04
Martin,I actually live in Foulridge ~~ end of the M65.We ~~ our Motor club are at HOGTON TOWERS on the 16th July,Classis car show,if you are in the area,come have a look.
Turned out to be a cracking event,as far as we went :cry: :cry: .My navigator suffered from car ~~ sickness :oops: :oops: .Whether it was me ~~~ remains to be seen :wink: :wink: .But briefly,due to the navigation,etc ~~ plotting over 150 six ~~ figure references ~~ on the move,then finding tricky "slots",(junctions) on featureless moorland roads.I am afraid I had to exceed the speed limit :twisted: :oops: :evil: .to keep to the time shedule,not by a lot ~~~ :lol: 8) :lol: only about 35/40mph over the maximum allowed on motorways :D :P.Would have loved to take the Maxi ~~ Kit lookalike out :twisted: :twisted: .But unfortunately not allowed :cry: :cry:

Bayliss
12-06-2006, 17:12
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y67/bayliss064/gp_memorialiETJE3231-039.jpg

cliorod
12-06-2006, 17:47
Thanks for that Mark,much appreciated :wink: :wink: You will have to email an "Idiots" guide to posting pictures :oops: :cry: :oops: for me to work from.

Twincam
12-06-2006, 19:27
Nice to see another clio being used for road rallys, i havnt seen another yet and i thought they would be one of the best choices

Nearly had a run out on that event with a navigator from Kirby Lonsdale but just put rack ends in so needed tracking and a lack of brake lines due to me plumbing in the handbrake wouldnt of helped :cry:

Heard it was a testing event but enjoyable pity alot of crews from our motor club suffered problems :cry:

Whats your next event, are you doing the 3 swans, can recommend the Countdown in july on are finest cumbrian roads :D

cliorod
12-06-2006, 23:39
Twin cam ~~ I only "did" this event,to suss out how they run ~~ It is over 10ish years since I put an event on. for our club :roll: :roll: We want ours to be just as "legal" etc :wink: :wink: .Due my navvie feeling ill,I do not think,we will be doing anymore "road ~ rallies"
.My next event will be the Tour of Mull,in October in the "Maxi" style Clio :twisted: :twisted: .~~~ Bring it on ~~~ Closed roads :twisted: Pace notes :twisted: ,Full house moulded Slicks :twisted: :twisted: YES PLEASE ~~ oh and plenty of beer Hic !!!! :oops: :P :oops:

Bayliss
12-06-2006, 23:48
can i come uncle rod, i'll be no trouble honest, lol hic :twisted:

cliorod
13-06-2006, 00:32
Do not Joke "Bayliss", :roll: If my "Driver" cannot make it for whatever reasons :cry: :cry: I will be looking for a co-driver :twisted: :P :twisted: .Someone with a reasonable intelligence ~~ do you fit the bill Mark ???? :wink: :P .I have got the notes,and have accomodation sorted.So you may get a call !!!!

Bayliss
13-06-2006, 10:34
Do not Joke "Bayliss", :roll: If my "Driver" cannot make it for whatever reasons :cry: :cry: I will be looking for a co-driver :twisted: :P :twisted: .Someone with a reasonable intelligence ~~ do you fit the bill Mark ???? :wink: :P .I have got the notes,and have accomodation sorted.So you may get a call !!!!

well u know me rod, not very responsible or intelligent but i'm sure i could manage, lol you know i'm always up for a giggle rod, just have to give me a lil bit of notice thats all!!

Twincam
14-06-2006, 07:44
Good choice of event, Mull has to be the best rally i have been to yet worth the trip. Last went 2 years ago servicing for friends with there GpA impreza which managed to finish 12th which meant they got on the calender and had a great result

Only problem people tend to have is getting a run so if you have that sorted your laughing

Off to Donegal tomorrow so we will have to see if thats as good as mull, lots of wrc's but more important colin in his 6R4 and loads of MkII's :lol:

cliorod
14-06-2006, 17:42
Twin Cam, getting an entry is relatively easy :wink: If you are a regular competitor :lol: :lol: Done the event in 1978/1979,then never missed from 1993 :lol: :wink: :lol: Odd times I have marshalled ~~ about 3 when I have had no car :cry: :cry: .Finished as a driver and also as a co-driver.No where near as 12th o/all ~~ I propped up the field in 2002 :oops: :oops:
The difficult part is getting accomodation,people trying now for this years event will find it FULL !!! :shock: :shock: .We have ours booked year in year out .
Have a good time in Donegal,my mate the secretary of the meeting for the Tour of Mull is going :wink: