PDA

View Full Version : Valver insurance at 18

donsrno1
10-06-2006, 00:32
I'm needing to get the cheapest insurance possible for a valver. I was getting good quotes with elephant, admiral and bell before I bought the 16v but now the prices have jumped up by around £200 since then.

What insurance companies would you suggest I try other than those mentioned above?

The quotes I am getting are £1150 TPFT which isn't too bad I suppose, but I was hoping to get cheaper as it was cheaper when I bought the car. The thing with insurance at the rate above is that it would mean over 25% of my income was going on car insurance (I'm just a student) and I'm in two minds about it.

Also, when they offer monthly payments what sort of interest is charged over and above that, i.e. how much would I be paying a month for the above quote.

Thanks.

EDIT: I know this has been asked loads before, but from a quick search I couldn't really find any good suggestions other than those I mentioned.

Plattsy
10-06-2006, 00:57
I was payin 1550 on a N Reg Hybrid at 19 valued at 2600

With elephant.co.uk
that was with no points and 1 yrs no claims

donsrno1
10-06-2006, 01:07
that's the other thing I should say, I've got no no claims bonus. I know the quotes I'm getting are still good, bu I would like to find cheaper somewhere.

I remember hearing in the past that although they are the same company you can play admiral, bell, and elephant off against each other to get some discount from you quote - has anyone tried that and if so how much did you get off?

gtbloke
10-06-2006, 08:19
try these www.screentrade.co.uk

MAXIBOY
10-06-2006, 09:13
also try looking on clio sport at green light think they had some sort of club discount scheme going on. p.s. we could do with the same thing here. maybe a discount scheme though adrian flux.

stew
10-06-2006, 10:13
green light you must be over 21 iirc.

im with adrian flux - only folk who would insure me...

was 19 when i took out my policy, 1 years ncd, on a 1992 fully declared hybrid, TPFT 1300 quid! :shock:

when it was insured thru elephant as a valver for a couple weeks my years quote was 800quid TPFT.

It hurts, but your bound to pay a fair whack until your 21 and got some decent NCD. Hopefully mine will come down in sept when its up for renewal, but with the addition of a cage and polycarbs may bring it up a little more....but then i now have no stereo and nothing to steal inside the car, and soon to be a snap-off steering wheel, so they might be a little happier with that!

bradus
10-06-2006, 11:32
try CIS best around

Andy P
10-06-2006, 12:18
Doesnt seem like a bad price imo.

Fully declared hybrid £590 TPFT. Get in :lol:

titch16v
10-06-2006, 17:54
1200 fully comp @ 18, no ncb, <1yr driving, with norwich union

seanofnp
10-06-2006, 18:15
I'm needing to get the cheapest insurance possible for a valver. I was getting good quotes with elephant, admiral and bell before I bought the 16v but now the prices have jumped up by around £200 since then.

What insurance companies would you suggest I try other than those mentioned above?

The quotes I am getting are £1150 TPFT which isn't too bad I suppose, but I was hoping to get cheaper as it was cheaper when I bought the car. The thing with insurance at the rate above is that it would mean over 25% of my income was going on car insurance (I'm just a student) and I'm in two minds about it.

Also, when they offer monthly payments what sort of interest is charged over and above that, i.e. how much would I be paying a month for the above quote.

Thanks.

EDIT: I know this has been asked loads before, but from a quick search I couldn't really find any good suggestions other than those I mentioned.

Who is that with?! Cheapest i could find was 1500.

donsrno1
10-06-2006, 20:11

Thanks.

Who is that with?! Cheapest i could find was 1500.

Any three of bell, elephant or admiral are about the same price. I know it's not too bad a quote, but after expecting to pay less it's a bit of a bummer tbh.

clio1.2_joel
10-06-2006, 20:37

With elephant.co.uk

woooot. i could have a valver :D next year

lee
10-06-2006, 20:43
Ive just gone 19 and am in the process of buying a valver :) one to do up mind by the time its finished ill should have a yrs no claims etc.

the 1.2 cost me £1682 TPFT :(..went up to 1800 paying monthyl

Lunner
11-06-2006, 08:33
Admiral/Elephant and add you old dear/old man as a named driver

Plattsy
11-06-2006, 10:12

With elephant.co.uk

woooot. i could have a valver :D next year
Pass your test first :wink: i mite be gettin another valver, duno whther to break it though

Ive just gone 19 and am in the process of buying a valver one to do up mind by the time its finished ill should have a yrs no claims etc.

the 1.2 cost me £1682 TPFT ..went up to 1800 paying monthyl

How much :shock: i was paying 989 on my 1.2 TPFT at 17....

Try insuring a valver with 9 points :wink:

titch16v
11-06-2006, 13:17
thought about doing pass plus?

donsrno1
11-06-2006, 15:01
thought about doing pass plus?

I tried putting that in on the insurance quotes in the past and it made bugger all difference tbh, and I would be too late to do it now as I've had my license for 19months now.