PDA

View Full Version : greetings from the emerald isle

ptr
19-04-2005, 22:11
i just discovered this site today by accident really. i have been looking for a site dedicated to the williams for a while had only found the cliosport one and a few other renault ones. i have never owned a williams, but it is definitely on my list of cars to buy at some point. unfortunately i cant seem to stop myself from buying 106 rallye s1's at the minute (3 at the last count) so once i get over that addiction i will be on the lookout for an immaculate williams. are there any irish members here. does anyone know how many williams there are in ireland as the trouble with buying cars like the williams / rallye, etc is that there are so few of them in ireland that it usually requires a trip to the uk to find a good one. what is the current asking price for a willy 1 with about 50k miles and full history etc?

FATBOY
19-04-2005, 22:16
hi ya pal and welcome to the site! with your questions i would like to say but i do believe there are more knowledgable people on this site than me that could help you better! but once again welcome pal!

KingStromba
19-04-2005, 22:17
Not sure about Irish members. We have one called Irish Nut, so i guess hes Irish.

A Williams 1 with 50k in very good condition may fetch 5 to 6k. May get one for less, but they are very rare in good contition.

Welcome to the club, hope you get a Williams soon. :D

Mark_Ritchspeed
19-04-2005, 22:19
Welcome . I think we already have a member from Ireland. 106 rallyes are amazing fun its just a shame Pug seem to have forgot how to make decent chassis since the 205 and then 106 eras.

Its hard to gauge the value of a decent Williams these days, same as most cars. I would guess something like £3.5k to £4.5k would see a good'un, but some still change hands for over £6k.

Having said that I have seen good condition ones with maybe 70k miles on changing hands for as little as £3k and under.

Martin
19-04-2005, 22:38
Welcome, if you like 106 rallye's you'll love a willliams! :D

big hp
19-04-2005, 22:43
Welcome aboard.

snakeylady
20-04-2005, 12:35
:D Welcome - I have an Irish car - Willy 2 first reg and sold in Belfast!
Maybe see you on this side of the Irish Sea if you decide to transfer your addiction to all things willy - warning you this car does seem to hook you in! Why not come over to the FCS willys 'n' pugs in abundance!!

KingStromba
20-04-2005, 12:42
:D Welcome - I have an Irish car - Willy 2 first reg and sold in Belfast!
Maybe see you on this side of the Irish Sea if you decide to transfer your addiction to all things willy - warning you this car does seem to hook you in! Why not come over to the FCS willys 'n' pugs in abundance!!

Belfast is Great Britain, not Ireland :wink:

Irish Nut
20-04-2005, 12:51
Welcome dude!!!! :D

Irish Nut
20-04-2005, 12:54
Irish members are ACE! :D . We have one called Irish Nut, so i guess hes Irish.

A Williams 1 with 50k in very good condition may fetch 5 to 6k. May get one for less, but they are very rare in good contition.

Welcome to the club, hope you get a Williams soon. :D

:D :P