PDA

View Full Version : Not happy

gtbloke
07-06-2006, 17:16
Just went to pick up my car from the garage after having the cambelt and pulleys done...as i pulled it out of the garage smoke poured from under the bonnet.... on closer inspection we found that the brand new tensioner has siezed solid..and worn out the new belt...luckily it didnt snap!

:evil: Do not use ktec for cambelt kits :evil:

P.s - plus i also now have the hassle of getting my money back from them

Dave

Andy
07-06-2006, 17:19
seems to be a lot of shoddy work about a the mo

doing most things at home with me dad and learning in the process ...

gtbloke
07-06-2006, 17:21
No it wasnt the garage... mate of mine and hes a good lad... it is the actual belt tensioner pulley that has siezed solid... and thats brand new from ktec :shock:

Swervin_Mervin
07-06-2006, 17:36
Do they not use genuine Renault items?

gtbloke
07-06-2006, 17:47
Came in a renault box, but i dont know... bit dubious now and i wont use them ever again for parts.

donsrno1
07-06-2006, 17:48
wherever it comes from get onto K-tec and tell them you want another kit free of charge and also get them to cover the cost of fitting the other kit.

gtbloke
07-06-2006, 17:56
Already got a new cambelt, gonna use my old tesioner as it is in good nick... i just want a full refund.... dont want anymore shite off them.

Rich
07-06-2006, 18:20
mate if its agenuine renault item (which it will be) it isnt exactly their fault now is it? i know its annoying but it will be one bad one out of millions of good ones, i would replace the tensioners if i was you as your one which is fine now may soon pack up with it being old, i'm sure k-tec will be helpful as tbh they may be expensive but everytime i see k-tec slated its usually someone who hasnt bought off them before, of course in your case you have bought off them but i'm sure they will sort it out for you :wink:

cliorod
07-06-2006, 22:42
Mate,If the tensioner is a "Genuine" Renault part,pack it up and get your money back. GENUINE RENAULT new parts have a 12 month warranty,with them as standard.Like the previous poster said a bit annoying,but at least you wont lose out on the cost of a replacement part.

gtbloke
08-06-2006, 15:03
Cheers for the replies... will look into it... luckily the engine is ok, plus i got the car back :)