PDA

View Full Version : Brake Issues

measor
07-06-2006, 16:54
The valver failed its MOT because its park brake is below efficency which is due to either calipers or handbrake cable. It is also missing a nut on either side on the rear wheels because the thread is ****ed. So I need to replace the rear discs, is it possible to put the discs from the front onto the back and then buy a better set of discs for the front?? ...........or am I talking bollocks?

Swervin_Mervin
07-06-2006, 17:02
Why new discs? And no, they won't fit or be the same in any way. The rears are smaller with the bearings pressed in.

measor
07-06-2006, 17:06
Well this is the thing, the bloke at the garage reckoned I need new discs as thats what the wheels bolt onto and if the thread is nakered then I need new discs so all 4 wheel bolts will fit in. I rang Renault and they reckoned I needed new hubs as the bolts didnt screw into the disc so I ordered 2, then I got a phone call from them today telling me that I dont need new hubs I need new discs.

All I want to know is what I need so that all 4 bolts screw in so it wont fail the MOT, any ideas??

Swervin_Mervin
07-06-2006, 17:41
Oh yeah. Well if it's the thread that's knacked then new discs are needed. Missed that bit.