PDA

View Full Version : Any scottish owners?

philthy
07-06-2006, 10:40
Havent seen anyone from scotland posting, williams seem to be rare up here, must be all the rain making them rust.

rt_blackpool
07-06-2006, 10:46
lol

im sure there's at least one or two others, but i dont think its the rain.

i think its the fact that they cant make it all the way up the country from the channel. they usually brake down somewhere along the way mostly round the north west by the sounds of it. :lol:

donsrno1
07-06-2006, 11:05
I'm from Edinburgh. I've got a 16v and a 1.4 clio though - not a williams. Your right in that there aren't many of them about in Scotland - from what I've seen anyway, though there are a few scottish members on here.

vts_saxo
07-06-2006, 11:10
Me, stew_punk and big jim are all from edinburgh, i also know of another one in edinburgh but the guy doesnt use this site.

philthy
07-06-2006, 11:13
ahh k,

im from glasgow and havent seen another williams for about a year!!

not many valvers either tbh, I had to travel to essex to pick mine up.

vts_saxo
07-06-2006, 11:35
We should arrange a scottish meet sometime soon 8)

What colour is the valver? How you finding it?

fasterthanjesus
07-06-2006, 11:38
count me in for the scottish meet.

or maybe you guys should pop down to the lakes!

philthy
07-06-2006, 11:47
definetly, sounds like a plan!

mine is 449, standard willy 2 colour, its great, much more fun than i expected it to be!

stew
07-06-2006, 11:53
We need a scottish meet soon, but im also interested in poping down at some point for a meet with the NW guys!

8)

vts_saxo
07-06-2006, 11:59
count me in for the scottish meet.

or maybe you guys should pop down to the lakes!

The lakes, camping see where this is going 8)

philthy
07-06-2006, 12:02
We need a scottish meet soon, but im also interested in poping down at some point for a meet with the NW guys!

8)

maybe meet half way?! some great roads around the borders for a burn

Fatwilly
07-06-2006, 12:34
My Williams 3 is based in Aviemore...though I am currently working in Surrey..get home about once a month for 5 days or so...and I get out and have some fun on the Loch Laggan road to Spean bridge and Fort Williams..some great sections with long open roads and good sweeping bends....as well as some nice tight ones where the Willy comes to its own. Also the road up to Ullapool is good for some fun too.

I would like to make it to any of the Jock meets...hoping they coincide with my breaks at home.

I am the grandad of the club at 59 years young...but still like nothin better than a good fast run out either in my Willy 3 or my motor bike.

Having said all that I have only done 2000 miles in the past year ...1200 miles of that was a drive down to Surrey and back...so the car really is not getting proper use.....I have thought about offering it for exchnage [with cash] for a good old British bike..Triumph/Norton/BSA etc ..or a Ducati/Moto guzzi etc..not Japanese though.

Cheers for now

JC
07-06-2006, 14:07
My Williams 1 is based in Fort William but I am working in Chicago so don't get home to use it much.

philthy
07-06-2006, 14:45
ahh okay, so every scottish williams is in a garage somewhere :P

Rott
07-06-2006, 17:42
Mines usually tucked away too, i'll be up for a wee meet sumplace :wink:

JC
08-06-2006, 02:16
When I'm around it's not tucked up. I'm back for a bit at the end of this month so you may see it in Glsagow the last weekend in June.

EvilJohn
09-06-2006, 00:13
My Williams 3 is based in Aviemore...though I am currently working in Surrey..get home about once a month for 5 days or so...and I get out and have some fun on the Loch Laggan road to Spean bridge and Fort Williams..some great sections with long open roads and good sweeping bends....as well as some nice tight ones where the Willy comes to its own. Also the road up to Ullapool is good for some fun too.

I would like to make it to any of the Jock meets...hoping they coincide with my breaks at home.

I am the grandad of the club at 59 years young...but still like nothin better than a good fast run out either in my Willy 3 or my motor bike.

Having said all that I have only done 2000 miles in the past year ...1200 miles of that was a drive down to Surrey and back...so the car really is not getting proper use.....I have thought about offering it for exchnage [with cash] for a good old British bike..Triumph/Norton/BSA etc ..or a Ducati/Moto guzzi etc..not Japanese though.

Cheers for now

I think I spotted you a few months ago in Aviemore mate! Im in Livingston with a Mk2 but like Mk1s as well, may get1 in a few months.

stew
09-06-2006, 00:20
Im in Livingston with a Mk2 but like Mk1s as well, may get1 in a few months.

didnt realise you were in livingstone mate. not far at all from us lot in edin!

8)

donsrno1
09-06-2006, 00:28
Im in Livingston with a Mk2 but like Mk1s as well, may get1 in a few months.

didnt realise you were in livingstone mate. not far at all from us lot in edin!

8)

yeah theres a few about this area tbh. BTW I spotted the beast yesterday Stew - posted in the spotted section.

wavy
09-06-2006, 01:01
:lol:
they usually brake down somewhere along the way mostly round the north west by the sounds of it.
there is a few in the n/w some even work(most of the time) :lol:

maybe meet half way?! some great roads around the borders for a burn
sounds like a plan 8)