PDA

View Full Version : williams in2 rsi conversion ??

clio_rsi_turbo
05-06-2006, 22:49
hi, just joined up today, im i member from cliosport too. i own i phase 2 rsi which i fitted a volvo440 turbo engine.

just wondering if anyone has fitted a williams engine into an rsi? ive read about how to put it into a valver but not the rsi. is it a striaght swap or is there more involved?

cheers, steven.

Daz.
05-06-2006, 22:51
Hello!

Don't quote me but I think its fairly straight forward but the gurus will sort that out - at a guess i'd say engine, box ecu and front track? i await a slapping down :D

Lunner
05-06-2006, 23:11
Mate will be doing this at some point will need, valver engine, ECU, loom, all ancilaries, alternator starter etc, rad, will ideally want the brakes, and williams springs if you haven't got lowered suspension

Can use valver driveshafts, or go the whole hog and get it widetracked at eh same time

Daz.
05-06-2006, 23:15
So i was just about right then! :shock: \:D/

kj16v
05-06-2006, 23:49
Welcome to WC. This is where all the real men are anyway... er - unless they're women. :?

Put some pics of your car in your 'garage' section or just post some up in the media section. We wanna see!

Jimbob
06-06-2006, 10:30
Without the bonnet vent you might want to beef up the coolling system. Its amazing how much heat spews out of the bonnet vent (especially at a standstill) and the cooling effect it has when moving. Its a tight fit in there and the valver and willy lumps get very hot!

Or add a valver / willy bonnet! Not sure if you may need the arches too, if you go wide track?

Clio_GTT
06-06-2006, 11:44
Mate will be doing this at some point will need, valver engine, ECU, loom, all ancilaries, alternator starter etc, rad, will ideally want the brakes, and williams springs if you haven't got lowered suspension

Can use valver driveshafts, or go the whole hog and get it widetracked at eh same time

I'm sure he said he wanted a williams lump :wink:

as above, but if your keeping the RSi track surely he'll need RSi driveshafts.

The williams/16v bonnet will fit on without messing with arches or bumpers aswell.

as for brakes, get some 16v carriers and discs

VIPERONE
06-06-2006, 18:34
Its been done before , a mint 1.8 went on ebay with a willy lump in

Lunner
06-06-2006, 19:38
rsi driveshafts are same length as 16v one,s 16v ar just slightly shunkier

clio_rsi_turbo
06-06-2006, 20:06
cheers chaps

already changed over to 16v front brakes and already got a 16v bonnet. i'll post some pics of in the media area for you all to have a buchers at.