PDA

View Full Version : how to test leads and injectors

rt_blackpool
05-06-2006, 18:37
whats the best way to check all the leads are sending enough power to the plugs and that they're sparking ok?

also same question for the injectors and they're plugs , need to know if they're all firing ok.

rt_blackpool
05-06-2006, 21:27
just fingured out how to check the leads/dizzy cap :)
the dizzy cap is ****ed - im getting good readings from 3 and 4, an ok reading from 2 and virtually nothing from 1,
i think im gonna get the ignition pack from hill power at the end of the month when funds arnt so crappy :)

however the question still stands about the injectors and the connectors. how can i check them with the ohmmeter?

Coops
05-06-2006, 21:37
erm, turn engine on and unplug the injector plugs one after the other, if the engine struggles or cuts out when u remove em they are workin fine! :P

once the dizzy is done of course, eliminate one problem 1st!

rt_blackpool
05-06-2006, 21:40
erm, turn engine on and unplug the injector plugs one after the other, if the engine struggles or cuts out when u remove em they are workin fine! :P !

it cuts out without taking the plugs out at the min :D because of its ghey idle problem

Coops
05-06-2006, 21:56
do the dizzy cap n see if that helps, if the readings r as low as u say then its probs that tbh mate! just make sure all the little metal clips for the injector plugs are in place and holding the plugs on firm, that tends to be the problem with injectors, the plugs n injectors are failry resisliant if well clipped on right! 8)

diggs04
06-06-2006, 14:38
do you mean fuel injectors?

put each injector in a clean glass jar.run the fuel pump and check no fuel cums out of the injectors.
with the fuel pump still running apply 12 volts to the terminals of each injector in turn. with the voltage applied the injector must spray fuel into glaas. if it dont then you know sumtimes up.

btw i got this info from my haynes manual. :D

rt_blackpool
06-06-2006, 14:54
hmmmm......to be honest im losing a bit of faith with the haynes.
although some of what it says is good, most is useless.

i wish there was something that was dedicated to just the valver/willy with decent pictures.

Swervin_Mervin
06-06-2006, 14:58
I assume you checked them by using a voltmeter/resistance meter to check teh resitance through the lead?