PDA

View Full Version : Soooo......

Daz.
01-06-2006, 16:03
How much is a decent respray then? :roll:

Has anyone ever had one? lol

I saw lots of mint resprays at FCS - there was a white 5 turbo that looked awesome....

And in the North West?

Might just have to have the arches done first and worry about the little bits and bobs another year :?

Andyvalver
01-06-2006, 16:08
:lol: Great timing 8)

Swervin_Mervin
01-06-2006, 16:19
How much is a decent respray then? :

And in the North West?

Watch this space. I'll ask for you next week. The quote man is on holiday 'til tuesday.

bill.
01-06-2006, 16:25

And in the North West?

Watch this space. I'll ask for you next week. The quote man is on holiday 'til tuesday.

Is this regarding smokeys respray?

rt_blackpool
01-06-2006, 16:26
yeah deff interested in respray in the NW.

would love to get my bitch looking sparkling red!

Swervin_Mervin
01-06-2006, 16:28

And in the North West?

Is this regarding smokeys respray?

Well it's the same people I mentioned in that thread yes. I'm going to go and look at Irish Nut's car on saturday to see the work for myself. He had a new rear 1/4 and a few other bits done so should give a good indication.

Daz.
01-06-2006, 16:37
Think everyone knows the story with my old valver - maybe not Bill might be a bit before your time old son, but imagine smokeys but worse and alot more cost - I had to scrap the car (although i've heard on the grapevine some fool still runs it!).

It wasn't red it was pink..

Now I have my Willy finally after a decade of "want one" "want one" "want one" theres no way in hell i'm letting anything bad happen to the bugger!!

If I have to pay £500-600 just for rear arches so be it, roof so be it, doors etc etc...

Just want it nice!

clowo16v
01-06-2006, 16:42
Theres a guy about 5 miles away from me (i'm from near Barnsley) that did a full respray on my mates mini for £250, and that included the prep work. Its in shiny black and it is seriously immaculate. Only had to polish it with normal black polish after it had dried properly.

He is very cheap though as he does it as a side from his actual job (hes a car painter for direct line). I would say at a normal bodyshop you'd be looking at close to £3000 to repair both arches, prep the car and spray it.

I reckon i'll use him for my respray. I can sort the bodywork out myself but I haven't got a garage to use at the minute.

Matt

Clio b
01-06-2006, 16:45
I'd say for a top notch decent job ur lookin at bout £800.... i was quoted £1000 with the work i wanted done... and about £1200 if i wanted metal flake on my clio!

But then again if ur goin for a colour change.... it'll be more cause they have to do inside doors, under bonnet etc!

Daz.
01-06-2006, 16:54
3k?! I've never heard of anyone paying that! well sating that a fellow in evo had his carrera resprayed for 8k but that was some serious stripping!!

Clio b
01-06-2006, 16:58
I'd expect a huge 4x4 resprayed inside and out in the poshest flip paint ever for 3k!

Laine_16v
01-06-2006, 17:01
Williams JR on here does car resprays for a very reasonable price. He's already done 2 - 3 clios.

Swervin_Mervin
01-06-2006, 17:07
Williams JR on here does car resprays for a very reasonable price. He's already done 2 - 3 clios.

:P

Dancliovalver
01-06-2006, 17:44
whats happened to smokeys car??

Scott-16v!
01-06-2006, 17:56
check the thread in the pics section, not happy with the respray at all

Flan
01-06-2006, 18:03

lmao... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

clowo16v
01-06-2006, 18:17
It depends what you want a £3k paintjob will be absolutely perfect with no flaws at all. Thats with the inside and everything done aswell.

Matt

Daz.
01-06-2006, 21:56
I'd pay half of that for a top quality outside of the car job - for 3k i'd expect it to be an empty shell spray where EVERYTHING comes off..

Andy P
01-06-2006, 23:52
Its true you get what you pay for. End of the day you will always get stone chips and parking dings no matter what happens.

Freebones valver must be the mintest valver ever?

Daz.
02-06-2006, 08:16
Its true you get what you pay for. End of the day you will always get stone chips and parking dings no matter what happens.

Freebones valver must be the mintest valver ever?

True and agreed - My car is now 11 years old and to be honest apart from the arches I could live with it as it is - now if I can get a top quality job with this respray surely is should last another 11 years with the same wear and tear its had all its life?

A repray a decade isn't gonna kill me :wink:

Laine_16v
02-06-2006, 08:43
My bad i posted my comment BEFORE i saw the thread in Media section.

Lol :P

bill.
02-06-2006, 08:59
Think everyone knows the story with my old valver - maybe not Bill might be a bit before your time old son, but imagine smokeys but worse and alot more cost - I had to scrap the car (although i've heard on the grapevine some fool still runs it!).

Now I have my Willy finally after a decade of "want one" "want one" "want one" theres no way in hell i'm letting anything bad happen to the bugger!!

If I have to pay £500-600 just for rear arches so be it, roof so be it, doors etc etc...

Just want it nice!

doesn't sound good that mate, i had some work done on my old valver, had the arches sorted, bootlid smoothed, and sprayed, front bumper and bonnet sprayed and bump strips colour coded, had it done to mint the car up before i sold it, and it did exactley that MINT THE CAR UP! cost £400, its a place in read, do you know where read is daz0rz?

if you want any more info drop us a pm or let me know on here :D

MAXIBOY
02-06-2006, 11:03
resprays can only be quoted for after seeing the car. 300 is a blow over. 800 is a window out doors boot and bonnet off proper job. 1500 is engine out. 2000 is interior out full shell respay. on top of this can be a huge list of bits. losing handles wipers badge holes etc. then theres the cost of paints. between 15 and 600 a litre depending on spec. and then theres extras depending on paint. basecoats laquars etc. cheapest way to get a good respray is to deliver the bodyshell already stripped to the paint shop. and then reassemble it your self being careful not to scratch your new paint.

Gav
02-06-2006, 12:44
guys! i dont do **** all to do with my dads company, the only link i have with whitestar is that im related to the owner

the only thing i do there is re-build my r5 engine. I dont get involved, so in future [stew-punk] dont mention my name cuz i dont wanna get dragged thru the dirt, i aint got nothing to do with it

y0z2a
02-06-2006, 12:51
I paid £1500 on my cup last year.

That was - windows out, doors bonnet, wings, boot everything apart from the roof really...

/y0z

smokey
02-06-2006, 14:00

Just want it nice!

What happened to your car Daz? Must of been before my time too :oops:

Got any pics?

Daz.
02-06-2006, 14:48
Maybe a few - to be honest it was dark when I got it and dark when I scrapped it...

I'll have a look when I get home...

Chris - I have a pin dent on my roof that does my tit in!!

I'm not after a interior out job, the way I see it the interior is spotless and there's not a scratch on anything but the outside panels - even the engine bay is quite tidy...

MAXIBOY
02-06-2006, 15:22
exterior windows out etc about 800 then mate

stew
02-06-2006, 15:59
guys! i dont do f**k all to do with my dads company, the only link i have with whitestar is that im related to the owner

the only thing i do there is re-build my r5 engine. I dont get involved, so in future [stew-punk] dont mention my name cuz i dont wanna get dragged thru the dirt, i aint got nothing to do with it

Ok i did say...(from the other thread!)

"No offence"

"williams-jr's dad "

"getting money back from williams-jr's dad"

Not once did i say williams-jr ****ed up etc etc etc.... :x

I'm not running your name thru the dirt, but if a car comes out of a bodyshop with that kinda finish on it, trading standards should be involved in my opinion!

Its a mess!

And other people have said worse things about it than me.... :roll:

Clio b
02-06-2006, 16:12
At the end of the day..... its a complete f*ck up.... People should know about it and it shouldnt have been let out of the garage like that in the 1st place! I wouldnt have thought Gav's Dad would want something like that shown as an example of the work from his garage!

Surely u saw the state of it Gav? How come u didnt say anything? :?

Daz.
02-06-2006, 16:19
Smokey my son - I know its not the best thing to say right now but think yourself lucky - mine was so badly done and damaged inside I had to throw the car away so all in all with the car and the repsray I threw away £2,500.... :shock:

Should I have stood my ground? maybe, but when your a million miles away from home, surrounded and your girlfriend in tears what do you do?!

Gav
02-06-2006, 18:59
no stew just that i dont want my name mentioned in all this.

Yep clio b i saw the car, but to be fair i didnt inspect it cuz tbh i honestly dont give a fook cuz it isnt my car so i didnt waste my time walking round the car lookin to see how good it turned out.

From where i was standing it looked good, but obviously not. But, u guys can say what u want, just dont mention me

bill.
02-06-2006, 19:06
At the end of the day..... its a complete f*ck up.... People should know about it and it shouldnt have been let out of the garage like that in the 1st place! I wouldnt have thought Gav's Dad would want something like that shown as an example of the work from his garage!

AGREED!!!

smokey
02-06-2006, 21:04
Look, can we keep any discussions reference my car in my thread please, I dont want this spread across the whole forum ruining others threads.

Gav - No one is blaming you, it has obviously struck a raw nerve with some members, but you are not being vindicated I can assure you.

BRUN
02-06-2006, 21:48
i know someone, but as mentioned they would need to see it

based in St Helens