PDA

View Full Version : Rollcages and sunroof cars??

McPikie
01-06-2006, 08:49
Unfortunately, my naples has been adorned with a hole in the roof which renault filled with glass.

Now, I want to cage the beast up, but was wondering if I will have to get rid of all the gubbins for the interior light/sunroof controls to make way for the top bar??

Has anyone here done it in a sunroofed car? If so, do you have any pictures?

Cheers lads

clowo16v
01-06-2006, 10:46
Its fairly straightforward to remove you just need to pull one of the covers off and theres a couple of screws in there, then once thats off you can take the interior light out etc. Only problem is it is where the infra red central locking sensor is so you'll need to relocate that somewhere.

Matt

McPikie
01-06-2006, 12:13
I've got R/C/L on my alarm anyways Matt so that is fine. Just don't fancy a minging great hole in the headlining. Suppose I could cover it with something tho.

Will the sunroof still work?

clowo16v
01-06-2006, 12:39
You could make a bracket to hold the sunroof switch onto the rollcage so it would still work. Are you not taking the headlining out first?

Matt

McPikie
01-06-2006, 12:41
Nah, leaving the headlining, carpets and doorcards in for a little bit of comfort.

But the backseats are coming out, as is the spare rim.

clowo16v
01-06-2006, 12:45
Pussy lol

It's OK putting the interior and all my stereo back in mine cos i'm driving to Malta in August hehe

Matt

stew
01-06-2006, 12:48
baaa....go hardcore. if your cageing it, rip everything out.

McPikie
01-06-2006, 13:03
Driving................. to MALTA :shock: Are you completely insane?

I do hope you're taking this tart with you matey. I needed a skippy just to get to FCS :lol:

Stew, it needs to be used as a everyday car mate, for now :wink:

clowo16v
01-06-2006, 13:29
It indeed shall be interesting. Gonna take the long route aswell lol

Matt

stew
01-06-2006, 14:12
Stew, it needs to be used as a everyday car mate, for now :wink:

Ha ha. So is mine! :wink:

tbh fitting a cage will be easier with no carpet and sound deadening, as you need to bolt/weld to the floor. seems pointless putting a cage in and keeping carpets etc. door cards are allowed imo (they weigh fook all anyway), but contradiction in terms putting a cage in and wanting comfort.

cage, buckets and harnesses. its comfy enough! :wink: