PDA

View Full Version : Part Worn Track Tyres

J_A_R_B
31-05-2006, 15:11
Hi All

I am looking at getting some slicks for trackdays as an upgrade from my semi slicks and wondered if anyone knows where can get part worn slicks (or semis slicks if can't find slicks) as would like to save some money if not where is the cheapest to get slicks or semi slick in particular yoko's?
any help would be greatly appreciated

regards

James

philthy
31-05-2006, 15:26
why not by some r888's and use them everyday?

Swervin_Mervin
31-05-2006, 15:26
Is this on a relatively std car?

stew
31-05-2006, 15:38
why not by some r888's and use them everyday?

They wont last long though!

IMO its always best to have road tyres, and a set of track tyres. Means you are never driving on worn tyres, and is safest in the wet if there is standing water. Oh mite be an idea to run semi slicks on the rear and slicks on the front - dont wanna do a martin! :wink:

Keep your eyes peeled for people selling part worn slicks...but let me get in their first! :wink: :P

J_A_R_B
31-05-2006, 15:45
Hi

The car has been tracked about 8 times or so she has adjustable camber bolts stiffer springs powerflex bushes 4pot wilwoods avo adjustable shocks at the rear. The car is setup similar to mark ritchspeeds track car as my friend who owned the car before i did got most of the bits off mark. I don't want to run road legal semi slicks as standard. Does anyone have any idea where can get part worn semi slicks or full slicks?

regards

James

northy
31-05-2006, 15:48
you can get michelin slicks from the clio cup race teams mate.

Apparently they are £20 for a worn or £120 new.

J_A_R_B
31-05-2006, 15:52
Hi stew_punk

Was thinking of trying two slicks on the front to start with then semi slicks at the rear. Having read a post today somebody mentioned a place down south that does part warn slick or semi which are not adequate for race cars but great for trackdays. Does anybody know what the company is called? Currently I am running toyo's proxes as my std road tyres which i think are great so i don't want to change them.

regards James

Swervin_Mervin
31-05-2006, 15:54
Ah right.

J_A_R_B
31-05-2006, 17:14
Northy

Do you know which teams in particular would sell worn slicks and I would have thought they are running wheels bigger than 15"? Has anybody bought used slicks from any of the clio cup teams?

regards

James

cliorod
31-05-2006, 17:19
James try this guy,He has fogotten more about Racing/Rallying tyres than I know :lol: :lol:.Last time I spoke he had a variety of "Track Day " tyres ~~ used slicks etc ~~ He wil fit /balance etc etc.Give him a ring ask for Tony ~~ known locally as Tony Tyres :oops: :oops: .Tell him I have recommended him to you ( Rod Brereton ) and see how you go.If you want to try some,I have some Pirelli Slicks on valver turbines,you could try ~~ need to take em of my car but no probs ~~ ok for a trial only .
http://www.tyresblackpool.co.uk/

northy
01-06-2006, 08:24
The clio cups run a 15" wheel. S9B is the code.

You will need a 18 / 58 / 15"

rt_blackpool
01-06-2006, 15:34
James try this guy,He has fogotten more about Racing/Rallying tyres than I know :lol: :lol:.Last time I spoke he had a variety of "Track Day " tyres ~~ used slicks etc ~~ He wil fit /balance etc etc.Give him a ring ask for Tony ~~ known locally as Tony Tyres :oops: :oops: .Tell him I have recommended him to you ( Rod Brereton ) and see how you go.If you want to try some,I have some Pirelli Slicks on valver turbines,you could try ~~ need to take em of my car but no probs ~~ ok for a trial only .
http://www.tyresblackpool.co.uk/

i dont suppose you know or could recomend any good garages in blackpool/fylde area that would happily work on my valver, cliorod?

stew
01-06-2006, 15:37
The clio cups run a 15" wheel. S9B is the code.

You will need a 18 / 58 / 15"

is that the tyre code to fit a williams wheel northy? im in the hunt for 2 slicks for 1/4miling use!

cliorod
01-06-2006, 22:09
RT u have a pm :lol: