PDA

View Full Version : Idea : Cadwell - 20th Sept?

stew
31-05-2006, 02:08
Just an idea...

A little bit of chatter about a Williamsclio Trackday/weekend at the end of summer. A proper opertunity to get together , have a proper meet and have a laugh!

Anyone be up for this?

Get a campsite nearby, have a few beers and bbq etc?

:wink:

northy
31-05-2006, 07:50
would be intrested mate.

dannyt
31-05-2006, 08:03
sounds good, whats the price on that day?

Martin
31-05-2006, 10:52
yup who's it with though....gotta be open pit and 130 quid or less...

Martin
31-05-2006, 10:53
might be getting a bit chilly in september?

northy
31-05-2006, 10:59
ace - better for the induction kits :wink:

stew
31-05-2006, 11:57
I get what you mean about getting cold in sept...maybe camping is outa the question!?

The one i was looking at was a renaultsport trackday for £129.

It would be better if we could get our own private trackday tho, with open pitlane. :twisted:

To be honest it would be hard to get enough people together to pull it off...but we should defo try.

:wink:

northy
31-05-2006, 12:11
tbh stew - we will struggle to get 25 cars out. i think for cadwell we need a min of 40.

but my name is down.

VIPERONE
31-05-2006, 12:31
Speak to the 306 lot at PCAG...should muster 40 up.

Zollo
31-05-2006, 12:37
Yeah, I'd be up for that. :)

GazTwo
31-05-2006, 13:02
Aye as above Stew don't want to put a downer on it but it was very hard work and VERY time consuming organising both Anglesey & FCS.

It was worth it in the end to have all the Clio's on track but at both events we were just short which meant we had other cars on circuit with us which is disappointing!!!

U haven't got much choice of circuits really that we could have any chance of filling with just WC on track....Anglesey is the easiest but really your looking at between 40-50 cars, when we did it through Track Action Simon was very good and did it with low numbers and low cost....we needed 35 cars and only managed 31 which included a few non-Clio's already, then Simon made it up to 35 (plus a few extra due to the weather the day before)...I also had 15 people drop out whilst organising it!!

I think the way we have posted up about the RSport Track Days is the best way atm....just stick a thread up and see who goes. Would be brilliant to organise another Club Day but it's hard work!!!

It's a real shame about Track Action as they were excellent with us and I would have definitely had another Club Day already organised!!

TBH I think the RSport days will be very good, low numbers and low cost compared to prices with other companies. When we did Donington we had both Mk1 & Mk2 with a total of 32 cars booked through me and it was an excellent day even though their was say another 30 cars that were non-Clio's.

I've spoke to the Pug lads but they haven't got anything planned for another Club Track Day atm....if enough of us book on the RSport days we can class that as our Club Track Day.... :lol:

We do need to make it a joint event really with another Club, their are plenty of the Pug lads and ClioSport lads that are into Track Days so shouldn't be a problem but a WC only day would be hard to fill!!!

RSport Track Days is where it's at atm.... :wink: ....low cost, low numbers and all Clio's.... :D

VIPERONE
31-05-2006, 13:19
I take it that Pugs would not be allowed to enter the rsport day lol..

I'll speak to Ben306 to sort something out with PGAC, as he's a paid member on there

2 live
31-05-2006, 13:32
another option would be to see if we can get adis mate to sort summat out at 3 sisters for us....would be summat like the haynes thing u guys did wi mark ritchspeed.

more a time trial than a trackday...but then i spose we cud always blag em to get the karts out lol

northy
31-05-2006, 13:34
im sorting a day out like that at the min jon at 3 sisters. on a sunday all being well.

ben306
31-05-2006, 13:37
If you want I can put a few posts up on 306gti6 and PGAC but thats only if you dont mind it being mixed, which from the sounds of it you do!!

stew
31-05-2006, 14:33
Understand where you are coming from Gaz. Was just an idea. 8)

Think ill have to make a few Rsport track days later in the year. Need to get mine tracked asap! :twisted:

My main problem is that im soo far away from all the williamsclio action up here. TBH im gutted i missed FCS, but from what people are saying, and the distance and time it would have taken to come down im kinda glad i didnt waste my money.

For me going to something like that, is like for you guys going to france! :?

Bayliss
31-05-2006, 20:18
aye i'm interested bcos hopefully i'll last longer than 1 hour and half without car breaking lol

dannyt
31-05-2006, 21:22
Get 3 sisters or another go karting day, that was good enough!!!

Northy your the man, let us know what happens!

Daz.
31-05-2006, 21:46
Get 3 sisters or another go karting day, that was good enough!!!

Northy your the man, let us know what happens!

Karting 8)

I've been bitten with the track bug now - after watching it for real....

Think i better get my brakes sorted and quick!!

Martin
31-05-2006, 21:52
karting is ghey

vts_saxo
31-05-2006, 21:57
Sounds like a good idea stew but would take alot of organising.

I am doing a track night at knockhill on the 23rd on june, fancy it?

Daz.
31-05-2006, 22:30
karting is ghey

What what what!!!

Its not as good as the real thing but still its a larf!!