PDA

View Full Version : FAO Rott (Ralliart FWD Lancer)

Purple
30-05-2006, 02:42
Have you come across any info on the JDM Ralliart Lancer turbo?

Narrowed wife's car choice to this car or a base Lancer. Spec-wise it's FWD, 1.8L GDI turbo, 160bhp/160lft, auto-trans. About 20% cheaper than base WRX and also about 20% slower (that's fine for her). I like the price and decent consumption (10-15km/l).

I cannot find much info on the net, as the 2.4L mivec engine is what everyone else gets as flagship FWD Lancer. Appreciate any info that you know of.

Purple
30-05-2006, 10:32
Just back from the Mitsubishi dealer. Looks like I will not be needing the info for the Lancer 1.8L Turbo anymore. Was offered an irresistable price for the normal 1.6L.

The 1.6L is your typical fleet rental car performance. But the big plus for me is, it uses the same engine as the Proton Waja. So, there will be tonnes of cheap go-faster bits just across the border in Malaysia. Not that the wife cares about going faster, but I can't wait for the warranty to run out. :D

Rott
30-05-2006, 12:00
LOL - no worries mate, all mitsis nowadays are descent enough cars, i'm sure she'll enjoy whichever you decide :wink:

Purple
30-05-2006, 12:43
i'm sure she'll enjoy whichever you decide :wink:
Yeah, like I decide not to tell her about the extracter, full exhaust (quiet hopefully) and Tein coliovers I have planned after the warranty. :D Should be a decent motor after that.