PDA

View Full Version : FCS moans! what you didnt like about 2006 show

FATBOY
29-05-2006, 22:14
well a couple from me!

the layout for a start, was such a walk up and down that strip!

the nob heads raggin it along the strip when it was packed with pedestrians!

where were these stand pipes of water??? asked stewards and they didnt have a clue??

and not moaning about my trackday experience but have noticed some of the track regulars on here noting some points they were not happy with....

Jamie.
29-05-2006, 22:15
this thread is defunked already, u have already listed all my moans.

mikeymikewakey
29-05-2006, 22:15
VIP - Ripoff and very misleading as to what it actually was.

Mike

MattyH16valver
29-05-2006, 22:32
Was definately a trek from one end to the other....bit pissed off with the nobs racing down the middle part too...how knowone got injured i'll never know...and the food and drink was fooking expensive...£1.50 for a cup of tea/coffee! :shock:

FATBOY
29-05-2006, 22:35
food and drink was expensive last year too! but the only to combat that is bring your own. but still keeping grub and drink in a nice warm car never works! lol

2 live
29-05-2006, 22:36
track time...i thought was for the club only

wen on track the so called 'expert' drivers didnt give a shit about the flag system.....or possibly other track users safety.

as above the racetrack down the middle of the show was a bit strange.....glad i didnt take the kids now.

and again...evrything too far away....layout was shit

hardly saw any other stands tbh, couldnt be arsed to walk all the way, an didnt wanna be drivin all day....fukkin stand wudda bin empty if evry one had driven about.

Scott-16v!
29-05-2006, 22:37
Trading was a let down imo, if i wanted to buy cheap sh*t shiny floormats and lexarse lights i'd nip down the road to the local motormania. I'd much rather see stands like at vw shows that i've been to where people sell old stuff aswell as new.
Layout was sh*t, far too long to keep walking up and down, was knackered by the end of the day.
Too many dickheads flooring it up and down in between the club stands aswell. Couldn't see enough of the track as a spectator.
Just glad i didn't get deceived for the extra money for a vip ticket, that was a bit of a flop by the looks of things!

Rich
29-05-2006, 23:43
the relevant people know of my complaints which willo be forwarded to the event organisers in the proper manner. all i wil say is i will NEVER again be attending or doing tracktime there

Rajk
30-05-2006, 07:58
I have been for the last two years and I was dissappointed both times, with the array of stands and cheap stuff, yeah right!! The only plus was meeting the Northern Lot, but cash has been tight this year and the willy needs work, rusty arches and other bodywork. I didnt fancy non clio owners picking holes in the state of my car. If you ever go to GTI international you will see what a car show is supposed to be like, it was like sainsburys for car parts, audio ect a proper day. Last year at FCS I was bored after I had spoken to people on our stand and I didnt fancy looking at a million Saxos, took about 10 pics and 8 were clios! Sorry for the Rant

McPikie
30-05-2006, 08:39
I sort of enjoyed my weekend, apart from this

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/McPikie/IMAG0372.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1103/McPikie/IMAG0373.jpg

ah well, some you win, some you dont.

Had a cracking time on the campsite though, was good to meet Adi, Mike and Simon :D

Clio b
30-05-2006, 08:50
The shitty corsa goin up and down the middle was f**king us rite off! Idiot!

The layout was absolute shite....

And i thought it was rather boring! No good atmosphere at all.... :(

Ford Fair here i come!!!! :lol:

Kelly
30-05-2006, 09:04
Erm, the show was shite. Never going back to FCS. The layout was awful, the trade stands were toss and what planks speeding up and down the middle of the show!

Camping was funny though - cheers to Paddy, Adi, Si, Mike, Pikie and Nikki 8)

IMO Trax should be the primary show WilliamsCLio sorts out.

McPikie
30-05-2006, 09:11
Camping was funny though - cheers to Paddy, Adi, Si, Mike, Pikie and Nikki 8)

Yeah, best part of the weekend that. You should have stayed again on sunday night though

IMO Trax should be the primary show WilliamsCLio sorts out.

Deffo up for another weekend like that, lol. When is it again??

Kelly
30-05-2006, 09:14
Yea did think about staying but was scared you might of punched a few of the scots :lol:

Thought you were off out to Bury and Sol anyway?

Trax is September 3rd, though no-one sorted a stand last year for WC

McPikie
30-05-2006, 09:20
Yea did think about staying but was scared you might of punched a few of the scots :lol:

Thought you were off out to Bury and Sol anyway?

Trax is September 3rd, though no-one sorted a stand last year for WC

lol, I should have given Eric a haymaker after the mouth he was running off at me. Nice as pie the next day though weren't they. Bellends.

Nikki wanted to camp again and, to be fair, if we had gone Sol, I would have had to go back to birmingham yesterday, so it was a better choice all round.

Si and Mike both gipped up on sunday night, fairies couldn't handle the booze :lol:

2 live
30-05-2006, 13:11
lolo.think i may have a naples drivers door up at the unit mate....not sure will have a lok for ya.

sounds like i was a good nite at the campsite....jus a shame i couldnt make it meself.

think the club would be better off sortin out for another show tbh. fcs has been slowly gettin worse for years, this year being theworst of the lot tho.

McPikie
30-05-2006, 13:48
lolo.think i may have a naples drivers door up at the unit mate....not sure will have a lok for ya.

Dude, awesome. Let me know

Rajk
30-05-2006, 15:09
so glad i didnt go this year, no offence to Northy and the others that go to alot of trouble to organise this for us, Im sure its a pain in the ASS for you.

Would be up for TRAX tho

30-05-2006, 15:18
My first FCS and major show in general.

I enjoyed myself, was pretty pissed that CS just shoved the Non Valvers & Non Sport clios are either end of the stand as if they where just crap.

the long walk was intresting but id prefer that and having the car on some hard standing compared to walking over the grass and fields all day.

Dicks hammering their cars up and down was annoying, especially as its supposed to be a strict limit which wasnt being kept to.

I wasnt intrested in traders, i wasnt going to buy anything however generally it was pretty poor.

Other than that thought it was ok

Ill be attending TRAX

Swervin_Mervin
30-05-2006, 15:19
1: Being on a striaght and taking 15mins from one end to the other by foot.
2: All the bell ends ragging up and down
3: The promo women were clearly all from the local farm
4: The wankers on track being able to ignore the flags.
5: The general layout was poor and I didn't think there was much more there than last year. Where were all these pre-release models? I only saw the 197.

I think that covers it.

30-05-2006, 15:24
there was a 207. Green thing

Clio b
30-05-2006, 15:28
To be honest... i didnt even notice the 0001 williams!

I think the layout was shite..... advertisement was shite!

All of about 4 trade stands wiv chavved up shite! (and thats gotta be bad coming from me ay!)

If the nite before hadnt have been such a laugh i'd say the whole thing was a complete waste of time and money!

Gutted i didnt take the tub on track tho! Could of made it interesting :D

Tommo
30-05-2006, 17:27
It sounds as if it was a poor show, shame as I really enjoyed it last year....gutted I didn't get to see 0001 and Northys cup racer tho.... :cry:

jwarren2k2
30-05-2006, 17:37
for anyone that got VIP like me, then you can get a refund for it cos it was sooo sh*te!! i had an upgrade so paid £15 extra, got £10 back cos they can't give back the £5 for the 1/4 mile run apparently!

But hey, mark (the organiser) has been really helpful about this over on CS.

email him mark@frenchcarshow.co.uk and give hime name, address, phone number, and worldpay transaction number and he'll get u a refund!

top bloke... he's as pi**ed off as us lot!!

James

Mattie
30-05-2006, 17:57
as people have already mentiond...

people ragin it up n down the middle of the runway where the stands were.....

trade stands were shite....

food EXPENSIVE!.....

was bored and had seen every stand 3 times by 12

dispite this i thought it was a decent day out :)

FATBOY
30-05-2006, 18:04
ill moves! i didnt see you about??? was you on the stand????

Mattie
30-05-2006, 18:11
ill moves! i didnt see you about??? was you on the stand????

na didnt take my car with me as its off the road 4 now....i poped in2 the stand though about 6 times!

i saw u just b4 u left....was looking for scotcup...saw u, next thing i kno your car had gone!

where was you all day!?