PDA

View Full Version : V.I.P issed off

wavy
29-05-2006, 11:28
lol im not really pissed off about it but i thought it was a joke
i walked up 2 the track(felt like a mile) to find the vip tent to be told its about another mile away in an old building
when i got there i was expecting some decent food only to find crappy cheese butties and cheese quich ? i did see some 1 with a pork pie but that was it
so for £12.50 extra i got 2 cheese butties and a brew
talk about false advertising lol it was supposed to be a marquee with a full buffet over looking the race track (more like old buildin overlookin go kart track) with sad food
but i had a good day at fcs i enjoyed it
i met and spoke to a few of u guys wich was good :)

best part for me was the drive there and back :) i was very happy with how the car ran
ill be amazed if we dont get any tickets in the post :lol:
2 live n gibbo racin most of the way back with anything in sight :lol:

roll on next year

FATBOY
29-05-2006, 11:31
gutted mate! £12.50 extra for that is shockin! lol nice to have met you! :D

2 live
29-05-2006, 11:32
i thort id got pulled once...till i saw the police badge was being held by a williams driver lol..hel do owt to gain an unfair advantage .cheatin fukker ;) lol

Gav
29-05-2006, 11:33
:lol:

i think i might be getting 2 tickets thru the post... :cry: didnt see the lines in time

wavy
29-05-2006, 11:34
lol yes that was piss funny :lol: he will pull it out on any occasion(badge that is) :lol:

dan-hipgrave
29-05-2006, 15:37
Those forward facing truvelo cameras, how do they work? I went through a couple at 80+ and there was no flash nor any lines on the road...

I'll also be amazed if i dont get any tickets - i was trying to keep up with a Renault 21 turbo on the way back...

FATBOY
29-05-2006, 15:50
normally a few miles away from that travelo will be another and basically they time how long it takes to get from one camera to the next camera! obviously if you get to the other one in a quick time then they know you have broke the speedlimit!

dan-hipgrave
29-05-2006, 15:53
Oh cock - the 2 i went through were on the same stretch of road! The A43 i think...

Other drivers were doing the same speeds though! I really hope i dont get anything from it, wont be able to afford the insurance!

Jamie.
29-05-2006, 16:02
no specs cameras are the ones which average ur speed. i thought truvello cameras were just a new digital version of the gatsos?

***edit***

Truvelo Speed Cameras

The forward facing Truvelo camera system is designed to take photographs of the front of a passing vehicle, this allows the picture taken to show the driver of the vehicle as well.

To avoid the 'flash' which is given out by a rear facing Gatso camera the Truvelo system uses an infra red flash which produces no visible 'flash' to the approaching driver. These rely on 3 white-lines in the road, painted just before the camera, and are triggered by strips in the road, used to gain the vehicles speed.

Truvelo cameras are becoming increasingly more commonplace, counties such as Northamptonshire use predominately only Truvelo cameras.

Points and Penalties

Being prosecuted in the UK by a Truvelo speed/safety camera can result in a minimum of 3 penalty points and a £60 fine. This fine amount is currently under review by the government and may increase in near future.
Truvelo speed camera locations are defined in the UK's Speed Camera Database with the following image

Andyvalver
29-05-2006, 16:05
:lol:

i think i might be getting 2 tickets thru the post... :cry: didnt see the lines in time

Where was that?

There are no camera's on the m1, only traffic cars

edde
29-05-2006, 16:15
It was right ripoff there were no drinks ven when I went down and the sandwich bread was hard.

Still part form that it was a great day out shame I didn't get much time to speak to people.

mikeymikewakey
29-05-2006, 17:47
LOL, U GUYS R LUCKY!!

I GOT THEIR TO FIND A FEW CRUMBS ON THE TABLE, JERRY SPRINGER ON THE TV OR SUMTHING DAFT LIKE THAT AMD NO DRINKS....

OH, AND EVEN THE GO-KART TRACK WASNT EVEN FULL!!

BIT SHOCKING REALLY, AND GUTTED NOT TO HAVE MET MORE OF YOU - FOR MY FIRST SHOW I DIDNT REALLY DO THE THINGS I WANTED TO AND I HARDLY MET ANYONE FROM CS - THINK ILL COME DOWN WITH YOU GUYS FOR THE NEXT SHOW IF THATS OK, WOULD LIKE TO MEET MORE OF YOU!!

MIKE