PDA

View Full Version : FAO northy/gaz

2 live
29-05-2006, 11:23
nice one for organisin the fcs stand/track time again. shame we didnt win best stand, but at least we can take solice in the fact it was a williams that won the best stand ;) lol

track time was pretty good. shredded tyres and car now pullin like a mofo to the left, not sure if thats the tyre wear or the little diversion i took causing that lol. had a good few laps with flan behind me, must admit, i kept expectin him to fly past down the straights, but seemed to take a while for him to catch n pass. then i had zollo following me round, and then followed him round for a bit after a brief visit to the pits. see mate...told u its runnin average williams pace ;) lol.....class

was also a shame that quite a few ppl had problems, and couldnt make the stand/way home without summat happnin....oh well..such is life with renos......always breakin jus when u dont want em too.

but the ppl who ordered the window stickers, then just fukt em off without payment..well...not very nice is it?? hope they had the decency to explain to you their reasons. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

Gav
29-05-2006, 11:25
stand was good. Loved the signs you had made.

Top day out, track was awsome, nice weather, right bunch of top lads!
really enjoyed it 8)

MattyH16valver
29-05-2006, 11:28
stand was good. Loved the signs you had made.

Top day out, track was awsome, nice weather, right bunch of top lads!
really enjoyed it 8)

Agreed....cheers guys for sorting everything out, really enjoyed my first time at FCS and it was good to meet a few of u guys. Cheers also to Northy for the stickers...can finally get rid of the shitty cliosport ones! :shock:

wavy
29-05-2006, 11:33
yep thanks guys for sorting everything out :)

BRUN
29-05-2006, 11:36
yup, thanks a lot !

i didnt even know anything about the window stickers, were they only for people going on track ?

BRUN
29-05-2006, 11:42
nice one for organisin the fcs stand/track time again. shame we didnt win best stand, but at least we can take solice in the fact it was a williams that won the best stand ;) lol

just read about CS winning best stand, i thought there stand looked like everyone elses........in fact i didnt think any stood out really, some were better than others obviously but no big differences

dannyt
29-05-2006, 11:48
Yer well said Jon!

Thanks to Northy, Gaz and everyone who helped organise! And a big thanks to scott and zollo for taking me out, was a great experience!

Great to see everyone again and meet some new faces!

Cheers

Danny

Martin
29-05-2006, 12:30
Top organisation by northy (when he finally got up :wink: ) I thought the stand was much better than last year....good to see a few new & a few familiar faces but for me there was something missing this year which was there last, dunno what.. :? Track was rough as a dog's arse lol but actually not a bad layout..pity I killed the engine :( Thanks scott for the passenger laps never been in a race car before :wink: 8)

Daz.
29-05-2006, 12:32
Top organisation by northy (when he finally got up :wink: ) I thought the stand was much better than last year....good to see a few new faces but for me there was something missing this year which was there last, dunno what.. :? Track was rough as a dog's arse lol but actually not a bad layout..pity I killed the engine :(

Did you break it?!

I was looking to say hello to you buy you wern't there when I was peeing on your wheel :wink:

Zollo
29-05-2006, 16:33
Aye, was a great day.

The track was better than I was expecting (apart from that shitty slow corner) but it was a pity I didn't bump into more people out there :( . Some class moments with 2live though! Good to see my car compares alright with one of these 'average' Northern Willies :wink:

2 live
29-05-2006, 16:59
lol..was good that..enjoyed it lol..like u say.the last slow corner was a bit of a fukker.caught me out pretty much evry time

ScottCup
29-05-2006, 17:08
yeh thanks lads for sorting it all out, top day with a nice turn out. Sorry if i scared you 2 half to death with my driving, but not bad for my first time in the car i don't think! :wink:

Bayliss
29-05-2006, 17:40
yeh thanks lads for sorting it all out, top day with a nice turn out. Sorry if i scared you 2 half to death with my driving, but not bad for my first time in the car i don't think! :wink:

not bad for considering you couldn't see over the steering wheel lol

Maz
29-05-2006, 17:44
The stand looked mint .. very well set out a great deal of time and effort must have gone into sorting it 8)

Northy please apol to Toni for me . .only seen her once when I was hungry and looking for food :oops:

Andyvalver
29-05-2006, 17:50
Yeah, was a real good day. The stand looked really good. Well done :D

Flan
29-05-2006, 17:51
twas a good day, think the track was ok, would have been mint if it was a proper surface but nevermind, was good see a few new peeps and thanks to Northy for sortin it out..

Was hopin for a few good races but everyone keept movin over.. :wink: :P

Smokey McPot
29-05-2006, 18:17
Your stand looked nice folks.

Not sure about the Best Stand Award though....Cliosport probably won for sending the most cars....just looked like a Carshop.

VIPERONE
29-05-2006, 18:17
i think if 2livehad remembered the scalextrix we've won the best stand ;-) only joking, ours was easily the best stand.. how we didnt win i do not know.

dan-hipgrave
29-05-2006, 18:21
Yeh top job guys :D

Think one other of the reasons cliosport won, other than having 0001, was that they took time to arrange their display is the shape of a renault diamond - was reading it on their site earlier. Pointless IMO

Dan

edde
29-05-2006, 18:26
Aye, was a great day.

The track was better than I was expecting (apart from that shitty slow corner) but it was a pity I didn't bump into more people out there :( . Some class moments with 2live though! Good to see my car compares alright with one of these 'average' Northern Willies :wink:
I thought quite he possite very dull circuit just kills tyres it needes some more technical bends I guess wit the nmore Hp the valvers etc had made it better.

GazTwo
29-05-2006, 19:17
No worries guys, track time was hard work especially since I'd started doing it back in November... :?

Was busy all day so it didn't drag like last year, enjoyed the track time was something different but glad I had another set of wheels and tyres!!!.....BUT with that I won't be bothering next year now I've done it, wasn't very happy with a few of the things in the briefing and that they had them Thunder car things on track and they could disregard the flags because their "Professional Drivers"!!!

Stand was excellent I thought northy did a brilliant job with everything, did well to sort that revolving stand and the DVD running was another great idea...didn't get to see Martin's video run though...hope I've got a copy of that... :wink: .....agree that it was missing something from last year, was better having it on the field...but it would have been pretty messy with all this shitty weather!!

MrAtego
29-05-2006, 20:48
Aye, great job lads, especially as Northy had the added stress of his cup car not starting while trying to organise all the clubs cars!!! Also to Gaz for organising tracktime and not forgetting Mandy for helping to "borrow" some of our club signs ;)

aaronc
29-05-2006, 21:12
Great day, had 2 hours on the track and you guys were alot of fun

The track session was certianly more wild than the Cliosport one, a good battle with Craig100 in his williams ending up with craig in a 70mph spin at the beginning of the long right hander, lol very amusing, don't think he realised i was on full slicks and have racing decarbon shocks but he gave it his best, Then that nutcase 2live on a mission to give as much abuse to that poor williams as possible lol jumping around the grass, was very funny to watch and awsome fun! :lol: We should all do another track day soon

Many thanks to Scott for the constant supply of tools, he seems far too organised, he had everything there! And many thanks to Northy and Gaz for the excellant organisation.

Northy get your car sorted for Brands Hatch, it was an arse you had a few probs, but it'll give you time now to get the bits needed to get the car back up to working condition. These race cars need a fair amount of attention...and money lol but when they are running right they are great fun and out perform many cars on the track.

Again many thanks and good to meet you all.

Aaron

northy
30-05-2006, 08:08
Thank you to everyone who made the show this year ! I thought the stand looked great !

I have my own views on FCS lads.

Thanks to Martin for doing me a club DVD - the highlights of 05- 06 look great mate. Thank you so much. I really enjoyed watching this when i came home.

Sorry about darting around all over the place - you wouldnt believe that i only got 5 mins to sit down on sunday. Only got chance to see a few other stands and 0001.

Once again - thank you to everyone who turned out for the show. :D

Swervin_Mervin
30-05-2006, 10:05
Cheers you two for organising it all. Track time was alright for a laugh I thought, but that stupidly tight chicane was a bit poo.

Stand looked good as well.

Kelly
30-05-2006, 10:21
Yea thanks for organising it all Northy and others.

CS arranged their stand in a diamond shape? I never even noticed lol. The only thing that gave them stand out imo were the V6's that they had.

Ah well, least people seemed to enjoy themselves, and good to see some old faces again :)

northy
30-05-2006, 10:35
those v6's werent with cs kell - they were the clio V6 club.

i looked at the pictures and struggled to see the layout of the cars.

Not having a moan - but what other stand had club tv's running footage of our exploits, club rolling road day results, car information boards and tracktime stickers ?????

Its a bit unfair if u ask me.

Kelly
30-05-2006, 11:50
Ooooohhhhhh, see i didnt even notice where one car club started and finished LOL

2 live
30-05-2006, 13:16
i think that was one of the main problems tbh....couldnt tell where 1 started and finished, layout was dire.

not moanin or owt either notrthy......but the plan of the club stand on the website......dint really look like the stand at the show....was it a diff layout for us cos of space allocated or summat??

Zollo
30-05-2006, 17:57
Aye, was a great day.

I thought quite he possite very dull circuit just kills tyres it needes some more technical bends I guess wit the nmore Hp the valvers etc had made it better.

I did say better than expected. I was expecting it to be very, very bad :wink:

Mattie
30-05-2006, 18:09
genrelly it was a good day out :)

good to see some of the diferent engine conversions people had done and was good watchin you guys on the track and the 1/4 mile was good 2

i was knackered when i got home though from walkin up n down that strip all day...the whole FCS layout could have been betta imo...

they should have had more stewards as well...must have seen 1 all day

summeh
30-05-2006, 21:30
was an ok day out, not sure if i will do fcs again next year, i'd much rather do a club trackday.

Good job on organising things northy and gaz.

The tracktime stickers looked awesome.

my car is a mess now its back home, needs new brake pads, tracking sorted, and new gearbox :roll:

BRUN
31-05-2006, 08:03
CS arranged their stand in a diamond shape? I never even noticed lol.

neither did i

MrAtego
31-05-2006, 20:12
i think that was one of the main problems tbh....couldnt tell where 1 started and finished, layout was dire.

not moanin or owt either notrthy......but the plan of the club stand on the website......dint really look like the stand at the show....was it a diff layout for us cos of space allocated or summat??

Plan included using the grass mate, when we got there we started to put cars on the grass but where told by some fookwit jobsworth marshal cars weren't allowed on the grass hence change of plan, pity the same jobsworth marshal didn't tell most of the other stands about the not on grass rule!!

northy
01-06-2006, 08:00

lol, your telling me mate

got there and found out you couldnt park on the grass - great. I was told that the stand was 50/50 of each.

So i regigged the stand and thought it worked out quite well. Next time i will have the cars at a angle i think. Shape of W C to win first prize ! :D

2 live
01-06-2006, 08:12
aye...mr atego said lol...wankers

next time?????

northy
01-06-2006, 16:58
well if the demand is there i will do the show

im meeting with FCS at the end of june apparently to discuss the problems of 2006.

big hp
01-06-2006, 18:24
Thanks to everyone for organising the day :D

Not sure if i'll bother again TBH, IMO this year was poor. Poor layout, lack of trade stands considering there was supposed to be loads, (where were they all???) Of the ones I did see only the PGTI mag and autoglym one interested me.

Marshalls were tossers telling me they were going to throw me off venue and report me to police for speeding at 7 in the morning, when it was packed later in day people flying anywhere and no marshalls?????? Whats that all about.

Track was good, I went out with dobs who thoroughly enjoyed himself. Only criticism on that is the fact that they had tossers in the atoms and would frantically wave yellows and run to put cones back up but wouldn't wave a yellow and give northy a push. he was more of a hazard then a poxy cone.

FCS 2007......... Not for me. Unless there are some serious improvements.