PDA

View Full Version : Broke down on way back from FCS :(

MattyH16valver
28-05-2006, 22:26
Just got on the M1 on the way back from fcs when my engine cut out so I had to pull over and hard shoulder and wait for the AA while watching everyone else go home...inc Fatboy :lol: . To cut a long story short the AA recovery truck bloke towed me off the motorway but did not put the handbrake all the way off...so when we finally stopped the rears discs were smoking badly and the wheels were as hot as ****! :x stupid twat! Will be ringing the AA up tomorrow to get them to pay for my new discs and pads I think. When "proper engineer" actually came along he found out that a wire had melted on my manifold causing a fuse to blow and cut the engine out...so it was a fairly easy fix!

Scott-16v!
28-05-2006, 22:30
Oooh thats a bit of a bugger mate, at least the other bloke managed to sort it for you! :)

Dancliovalver
28-05-2006, 22:31
shit mate!!

hope its all good now thou

FATBOY
28-05-2006, 22:32
that was me that went past ya and beeped mate! should of stopped to lend a hand mate soz! bloody cars cost a fortune! :x

MattyH16valver
28-05-2006, 22:34
that was me that went past ya and beeped mate! should of stopped to lend a hand mate soz! bloody cars cost a fortune! :x
No worries m8...knew it was u cos I could see your track stickers from a mile off! :lol:

Martin
29-05-2006, 01:52
join the club lol I've just got home 5mins ago after I killed mine. Had to call the aa out but then the tow truck had a blowout!!

Flan
29-05-2006, 11:09
Just got on the M1 on the way back from fcs when my engine cut out so I had to pull over and hard shoulder and wait for the AA while watching everyone else go home...inc Fatboy :lol: . To cut a long story short the AA recovery truck bloke towed me off the motorway but did not put the handbrake all the way off...so when we finally stopped the rears discs were smoking badly and the wheels were as hot as f**k! :x stupid t**t! Will be ringing the AA up tomorrow to get them to pay for my new discs and pads I think. When "proper engineer" actually came along he found out that a wire had melted on my manifold causing a fuse to blow and cut the engine out...so it was a fairly easy fix!

lol i saw ya car on the back.. Came past in the Black Vaver gave you a few dumps of the valve (NO HORN. LOL)

wondered who it was...

MattyH16valver
29-05-2006, 11:32
[/quote]

lol i saw ya car on the back.. Came past in the Black Vaver gave you a few dumps of the valve (NO HORN. LOL)

wondered who it was...[/quote]

Think I saw ur car come past too...sounded awesome! 8)

Gav
29-05-2006, 11:35
i saw u dude, posted it on the spotted section, but was to busy trying to gain on FATBOY and passed u too quick.

sorry bout that fella, should of pulled over

MattyH16valver
29-05-2006, 15:45
Here's whats resulted in mr AA man not taking off my handbrake and towing my car! ](*,) They are starting to crumble....are they fooked by any chance? :lol:
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCF0506.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCF0507.jpg

Gav
29-05-2006, 15:56
:shock: have u spoken to them yet?

guess there not open on B Monday's r they :cry:

fookin idiots!

MattyH16valver
29-05-2006, 16:07
Tried to ring them today m8, but as u said there nobody there at customer complaints on a bank holiday monday. Gonna take it to a garage and see what they say...but i'm pretty sure they are fooked now...will get them to fit some new ones cos I really hav'nt got the time and I can't be bothered! :lol: Took the willys off the afternoon for a clean, cos of the amount of brake dust that came of onto the brakes where they have been worn down so quickly.