PDA

View Full Version : Houston we have a problem....

Martin
24-05-2006, 19:03
...just tried to burn a copy of the wc dvd and well it turns out I don't have a dvd writer :oops: lol bought the laptop thinking it had one :( .

It's been a struggle ...finishing it off anyway as my pishy computer can't cope with the 51 min footage in adobe premiere and keeps crashing...

So unless we have a computer whizz who can transfer the vids and project onto their computer to burn we be ****ed..

Justin..
24-05-2006, 19:16
i have a dvd burner. but, i aint goin to fcs :( and doubt it would make it in the post :roll:

Zollo you going ????

J o n
24-05-2006, 19:38
Martin, if Northy wants to collect my laptop before I go away on Friday or anyone else then your welcome to borrow it and use it for FCS or whatever... though whoever takes it is responsible for it coming back as it was (i.e. mint and not full of dodgy premium rate diallers).

It's got Nero Premium and is ideal for video editing being widescreen.

arj256
24-05-2006, 19:39
Buy a Usb harddrive? or meet up with someone and send it over a network.
Or use the dedicated route of using some fancy cd burning software to spread it over aload of cds and then give to someone who can extract it and put onto dvd.

Martin
24-05-2006, 20:04
Thinking about it the easiest way would be if I could buy an external dvd drive/burner ..but my computer still crashes because my virtual memory is too low...any quick fix for that?

mattyc
24-05-2006, 21:51
Just make sure you close absolutely everything else and then you should be ok. if that doesn't help then make some hardisk space and then increase your virtual memory

Coops
24-05-2006, 22:14
go on advanced tab on system properites through the control panel, adjust the visual settings for best performance and slap the page file cache as high as u can! 8)

FATBOY
24-05-2006, 22:20
you can send me the info that you have mate? and i could burn to dvd for you! what format are the files in ? vob, or divx or m peg?

Martin
24-05-2006, 22:29
already done the first one coops not sure how to change the cache.....is there a way to change the virtual memory then and what the **** is it?? I've 13 gb free on the hardrive

Coops
24-05-2006, 22:32
under the performance bit mate shud have that visual effects tab u used, next to it shud be advanced tab, click that, at bottom shud be virtual memory section, click the change button and adjust it! 8)

Coops
24-05-2006, 22:33
oh mn virtual memory is like memory thats actually on ur HD that the cpu sees as RAM, so it clears n that when u turn off the pc but its not as fast as RAM so its a cheap fix, buy some more RAM! :P

Martin
25-05-2006, 00:40
cheers coops that sorted the crashing problems, just put the finishing touches to it 8)

Should be ok now thanks Jesus & fatboy, just need to go buy a dvd writer and I'm reet ...there not pricey are they ?lol

Purple
25-05-2006, 00:47
Aside from DVD format, can you save the file down to something less than 100MB and upload somewhere? So that I can download it? WMV at 320x240, mono and medium-low quality would be fine. Thanks.

wavy
25-05-2006, 01:19
martin how big is the file
im comin to see u tomorrow and iv got a dvd burner
if u can get it on a few cd's or summat then i could burn to dvd ?

btw a cheap external dvdrw is about £45-£50

clicky clicky (http://www.aria.co.uk/ProductsList.asp?Category=114&SubCat=DVR-EXT)

northy
25-05-2006, 11:46
Hope you can get this sorted out martin.

sorry i carnt be of anymore help