PDA

View Full Version : air intaking!

Eckascliovalver
22-05-2006, 12:47
Hi

I was rooting around the engine- bay yesterday and i came across the air intake pipe which runs to the air box!
its in a very strange place wityh not alote of clean air flow,i would have imagined! So im thinking off ataching an add-on piece of pipe which will lead to the back of the front bumper to allow more clean cold air flow,it will kinda act like a viper intake kit! is this a good idea or will i be in danger of messing summit up
what could go wrong

u guys views on this would be much appreciated!

ecv

Coops
22-05-2006, 13:45
i run a cold air feed from the blanking plate next to the front nearside fog light, some people run it to the foglight hole after they remove the foglight itself, or u can run a short one to the gap between the rad and subframe. i ran my car with no airfeed atall, just the airbox n its not a problem, but gettin cold air to the engine is a must for peformance!

best off just being creative mate, just grab some pipe n tie tags n play about till u can find the most direct route from the airbox to the front bumper n so long as the pipe dont collapse ur laffin! :wink:

bill.
22-05-2006, 15:02
are these cold air feed pipes just a lengh of pipeing from anywhere or do you get them from demon tweaks and the likes?

FincH
22-05-2006, 19:54
Why not leave it where it is.

I'm sure if it was benificial to the car as a whole Renault would have originaly located it somewhere else.

Apparently where the air feed picks up the air (the front passanger wheel arch) the air is of high turbulance or summat which apparently is a good thing.

Also, if you look at places like Hill Power and even the Clio Maxi, they have the air intake located under the windscreen as again this is an area where the air is of high pressure and turbulence (it's something along those lines, remember Chris H mentioning it).

I'd just leave it tbh.

northy
25-05-2006, 09:57
removing the blanking panel to the OE snorkel made no differance on mine.