PDA

View Full Version : civic vti thoughts...

matt uk
21-05-2006, 23:47
after quite a nasty little run of loss's on cars i've given up this buying and selling lark.

after the £700+ i made on my last williams sold to daz0rz i treated myself to a vts whcih broke shortly after buying and i sold spares or repair at a £200 loss. luckily i made a few £££ on my black swift gti. at this point i opted for a 106 gti which i lost £500 on as the front end collapsed within 200 miles and the mot turned out to be fake.

anyway to get to the point im retiring from the car scene and was wondering on your thoughts on a nice reliable car thats not gonna break on me and i dont spend endless hours attempting to repair or bodge repair(clio).

the swift gti i have at minute is sold and ive got basically £1000 to spend on something without going into debt.

i think its gonna hve to be a civic vti as they have come down in price alot and they still have some performance not to mention honda reliability.

anyone owned one (old shape) looking for one around a j-k plate. i had a p reg one but only had it to swap for another car so cant really give an opinion on it.

comparisons to williams/ valver etc. info info appreciated cheers

Andyvalver
21-05-2006, 23:53
All i can say is, i beat one in the valver :wink:

matt uk
21-05-2006, 23:58
**** are they really that slow?

Allan
22-05-2006, 00:01
get yourself a cheep valver :)
they dont break if you drive them with in the law lol

well dont break 2 much lol

Martin
22-05-2006, 00:02
lol

matt uk
22-05-2006, 00:06
i always think to get another but i'd never have one under an m reg now

and to be honest you'll not get a decent one for under 6-700

ive had loads already and i just remember that last black one which really has put me off them. alternator/ceased belt pully. 3 days outside trying to change alternator and pulley and belt/ wheel bearings, abs failure. really dont want that kinda hassle anymore.

just look at the problems dannyb1986 has had with his, its destroyed his confidence in them to and wants to go japanese.

Purple
22-05-2006, 01:02
i think its gonna hve to be a civic vti as they have come down in price alot and they still have some performance not to mention honda reliability
Is this about 160bhp, manual, 1.6l model? Practical, comfy, solid build and they don't fail (provided you don't muck around under the bonnet). Keeps up with most things that claim 8 secs (0-60) or slower. Steering feedback is almost non-existent but better than most Jap mid-saloons. Slick gearbox. Safe understeer handling but can snap into oversteer without warning at the limit.

edit: Sad to hear you stopping the buy/sell spree. Quite enjoyed reading the crazy prices that you get for the cars. It was a good run and at least you ended up with a small profit in the end.

MatBrown
22-05-2006, 09:29
Looks like he's bought a 16v!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-RENAULT-CLIO-16V-BLACK_W0QQitemZ4640355445QQcategoryZ9861QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

Mat.

matt uk
22-05-2006, 13:16
headgasket has still gone matt. not repaired properly waste of time

matt uk
22-05-2006, 13:17
yeah im gonna get a civic vti i think.

i just got a bit to gredy in the end, plus a nasty spree of bad luck.

should have just quit while ahead :(

matt uk
22-05-2006, 13:17
yeah im gonna get a civic vti i think.

i just got a bit to gredy in the end, plus a nasty spree of bad luck.

should have just quit while ahead :(

Daz.
22-05-2006, 15:03
You can have this utterly reliable willy 2 if you like <<<<---------

£3,250 to you :wink: