PDA

View Full Version : Engine info

Allan
21-05-2006, 20:35
Been looking at buying an engine, and have found a megane 2l 16v, any way to tell if its running now that its been removed from the car?

The has it in 3 parts so not sure of any way of testing it to insure it works before i possibly buy.

or any checks to test it ect

stan
22-05-2006, 00:37
well short of stripping/inspecting theres not much u can do. check it isnt seized for a start.

Allan
22-05-2006, 15:28
What sort of prices are we looking at for a rebuild stan ? assuming the block is in a good condition :)

And also how much work is involed in making the meggy head work in my valver

stan
22-05-2006, 17:00
i charge £1380 all in (if u shop around u'll find thats the cheapest u'll get) for a standard rebuild. this includes exterior-clean/strip/clean/inspect (check running clearances etc etc)/rebuild using new rings/shells/seals/gaskets etc. head is skimmed to re-surface, and block is painted gloss black. and you get one of my lovely stickers on you cam cover!

as for fitting the megane head, ive done it, and tbh it isnt worth the hassle. although not difficult, the minimal gains you may get over a stock willy lump (or even f7r with 1.8 head) arent worth the wiring/machinign issues.

if u have any more querries email me at info@ap-developments.com or catch me on msn craigstanley_781@hotmail.com. still havnt got my new mobile sorted yet :roll: !