PDA

View Full Version : Suspension upgrade?

gissisi
21-05-2006, 10:50
Hello,

I'm trying to find a decent suspension upgrade for my clio williams ( 1 ). There isn't really alot to choose from, is there? Found something while browsing the KW and FK sites, but was curious to your findings.

Could somebody explain the word coilover for me? As i'm dutch i am not really familiar with that word.

Thnaks in advance!

Jack

Dancliovalver
21-05-2006, 10:54
the standard suspension is very good on a williams anyway matey

but if i was to change at all id go for Avo coilovers

"coilovers" is basically just adjustable, some to ride hight adjustables and others do ride hight and stiffness :D

please correct me if im wrong guys!!

gissisi
21-05-2006, 11:03
The standard stuff is up for replacement anyway. So i thought, why not fit something better. To be honest, I never really drove a Willie with it's standard ( in good condition ) suspension. If however your findings are that the std. stuff is good enough i would consider fitting it.

You wouldn't happen to know where i could find some information about the AVO coilovers?

thanks, btw.

Jack

2 live
21-05-2006, 11:17
aye as above. the term coilovers, basically means a coil over shock set up. same as standard really, but the term is mainly associated with the aftermarket kits.

i have avo coilovers on my williams. the handling is so much better than std imo. the car corners flatter, turn in is much improved, and it can be just as good to drive on the ruff stuff as oe equipment.

best of both worlds really.

arj256
21-05-2006, 12:03
The only thing with the Avo coilovers is that they come with 250lbs springs as default where as the Williams springs are 125lbs so that would make a difference on the handling.

Judging on when i renewed my valver setup i would say standard, as it was very good on country roads etc,
If you say did more track orientated driving then the adjustability of coilovers would be nice.

MAXIBOY
21-05-2006, 15:19
also try the leda setup if you have the money