PDA

View Full Version : Finally got myself some williams wheels

Riley
20-05-2006, 10:13
About time to, came across thses on ebay and off to pick them up from blackpool in a couple of hours. Just what my car needs to finish it off apart from engine of course :lol:

FATBOY
20-05-2006, 10:17
did ya get em for a good price mate??? and do they need a refurb? if so i have a contact....

Riley
20-05-2006, 10:19
122 for four with good tyres, unsure if need refurb yet will let you know later. This refurb place do they get a good match on the gold as i've seen some that have been done with completely different colour

Jamie.
20-05-2006, 10:19
thats a v good price as long as they aint bent

FATBOY
20-05-2006, 10:22
well i was pleased with my refurb! and 2 other people off here have been pleased with theres! so i guess hes doing something right!! and when you bought them wheels i hope you confirmed they were genuine renault speedlines? and not prima replicas?

Riley
20-05-2006, 10:28
your just jealous cos i got a bargain :P lol

ner they were listed as genuine williams speedlines

Riley
20-05-2006, 10:33
as for them being bent they dont want to be as they have just come off the car :P and if he been driving with bent wheels id be worried

FATBOY
20-05-2006, 10:44
moi jealous? never! ive already got a spare set of five speedlines awaiting refurbing(gonna get em done in white!) but that is a ****in good price!!! anyways if you need refurbers contact details let me know! hes based in essex!....

Riley
20-05-2006, 10:51
i dont mind traveling for a good job but hopefully they'll be ok.

them ones your getting done white will look sweet!

how much we talking for refurb btw?

FATBOY
20-05-2006, 10:57
well i paid £50 a rim (£200) and that included removal,tyre removal,refurb,trye refitting,wheel fitting and balancing. and the centre caps were also done as well! so not to bad really!

Riley
21-05-2006, 01:20
so i roll up at this place, turns out to be a rite dive and the house is joined onto a shaddy corner shop. knock on the door and an asian bloke answers who spoke poor english. he shows me the wheels and ow! they've been sprayed badly in a sort of coppery gold colour! in the pic on ebay they showed wheels with the diamond cut lip and the correct gold colour. So i question this, his answer was his pics didnt come out very well so he found a pic of some mint ones on internet and used that.

in the end i came away with the wheels for 85 quid

im in two minds do i get them looking how they should? or do i get them powder coated white as i love white wheels?

btw does anyone know the colour code for the gold on willy wheels?

Danny-ACE!
24-05-2006, 22:37
I dont know why but I like the Prima race ones better than the Speedlines.

I will be looking into getting a set when I sort my Gbox out.