PDA

View Full Version : v6 or willy and 5 gt turbo

byers
19-05-2006, 11:35
thinking of selling my williams 2 and my r5gt ive got them both on the road at the min as the 5 is on classic insurance just i fancy a v6 but its the cost of them putting me off i like my williams and my 5gt :D so im in 2 minds!!! what do u think!! take a deek at the pics?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v254/byersie/S4020286.jpg

J o n
19-05-2006, 12:07
up to you, I wouldn't have any of them though tbh. Willy and 5 too annoyingly unreliable on the whole and the V6 is pants... looks good, but its a RWD Laguna at the end of the day and it has 172 seats... not really a quality product, hence residuals.

dannyt
19-05-2006, 12:09
Keep the turbo and willy as i don't think the v6 will be much better than either of them and for the expense of buying a mk2 v6, you're going to have to lose two mint looking cars with character!

Zollo
19-05-2006, 12:25
up to you, I wouldn't have any of them though tbh. Willy and 5 too annoyingly unreliable on the whole and the V6 is pants... looks good, but its a RWD Laguna at the end of the day and it has 172 seats... not really a quality product, hence residuals.

1. R5, granted. But there are loads of people who have reliable Willies. As you have to be constantly reminded! Even 2live would agree with me on this one!

2. It uses a reworked Megane lump. Anything else Megane shaped? (Genuine question - I don't know!)

3. V6 residuals are very good mate. Most new cars lose 50% in three years and that would mean a 2003 V6 for £14,000. The E46 M3 certainly depreciates more! :wink:

Tommo
19-05-2006, 12:35
If you can afford it I'd definitely say go for the V6 mate. This is what I want next. I love the looks and sound and the Phase 2 is supposed to be the dogs knackers. Maybe not in Evo, scooby territory performance wise but look 10 times better imo, and don't see many about.

Tommo
19-05-2006, 12:39

1. R5, granted. But there are loads of people who have reliable Willies. As you have to be constantly reminded! Even 2live would agree with me on this one!

2. It uses a reworked Megane lump. Anything else Megane shaped? (Genuine question - I don't know!)

3. V6 residuals are very good mate. Most new cars lose 50% in three years and that would mean a 2003 V6 for £14,000. The E46 M3 certainly depreciates more! :wink:

Agreed Zollo, plenty of people with relaible willys, think u just got a bad one Jesus. My old 306 S16 was fookin knackered spent a fortune on it, wouldn't say don't ever buy one tho, I was just unlucky...

byers
19-05-2006, 13:19
the williams gets stick day in and day out... its never failed, put it this way 125mph on a hour drive and it was laughing at the stick i was giving it.. as for the 5 gt thats a total diffrent car although the same if treated with respect warmed and cooled down i have had no probs with that either.. just the v6 appeals to me im sick of the fooking siight of scoobys and evos theres loads ive seen 1 v6 that is the main reason i went for the willy even though its a number 2 ive seen 2 in 3 year !! duno yet il have a think il be sad to see them go.. ive spent alot on the clio aswell.. thanks for your comments anyway

Clio_GTT
19-05-2006, 14:01
don't get a V6 its a clio at the end of the day :D

get a teggy type r

Daz.
19-05-2006, 17:04
How about keeping your fave and going down a different route? if it was my choice i'd keep the willy and get myself a pure track car for the weekend fun..

Depends what your after though - I do like red v6's but given the opportunity i'd pass for something else

J o n
19-05-2006, 17:19

you mad? V6 Clio's are £9k now... which isn't bad for a 172 with airfix bodykit I guess...

dunno about E46's, not really looked at the price of them, but they are notorious for being unreliable... E36's however still go for well over 10k for a newer top spec model, some 15k+... that to me is good depreciation

Zollo
19-05-2006, 18:28
E36 M3s have depreciated just as badly as E46 M3s mate. It's just E46s are a similar age to V6s, hence why I used them as an example. Cheapest V6 I can find is £10k for a 2001. That's 12% of its value every year (and the cheapest example on autotrader). A '98 M3 will be about £10k you reckon? They were £38k new, so that's 9% of its value every year (as an average you gave me). Considering that depreciation tails off at the end of a cars life, and I'd say the older M3 doesn't fair any better at all. I won't even mention the cheapest £4,000 M3s out there...

So in other words, V6s don't depreciate any worse than most cars!