PDA

View Full Version : Fitting a gearbox today

VIPERONE
18-05-2006, 11:51
Should be fun.. :-|

megane coupe jc5 modded with mounting.

Lunner
18-05-2006, 12:02
Interesting, sure you told me it woudl take you all of about 2 hours, tenner says it takes you a good 10 hours, unless you are cheating and using an engine hoist

rickkez
21-05-2006, 22:54
lunner wins a tenner, its still up at ltr!!!!

Lunner
22-05-2006, 13:04
HAHA, had to get the professionals in eh? :lol:

VIPERONE
22-05-2006, 19:42
What an ordeal this has turned in to..

i never bet.

I carried out the job in LTRs garage.. i was tld the gearbox out through the engine bay is the best route to take.. i'll be using my old method next time... through the bottom of the subframe.

anyway.. was running smoothly no problem.. anyway i decide to remove the subframe.
it waswelded to the chassis.. when i last had an mot it had some tiny bits of work done for it to pass... i wasnt aware that the dicks at the garage took it upon themselves to weld the ****er on... so had to grind the weld away, grind rounded bolts off, seized bolts off.

The mount which i was given (it had been modded) was problematic.. to the naked eye the engine looked to hang perfectly.
the job was finished..i drove out of thegarage.. my whole car was shaking the engine was on the subframe somewhere..then BANG a huge noise and jolt was heard... on investigation the engine was resting on the sub frame, and it appears the driveshaft wasnt at the correct angl.e the shaft its self was not damaged...

so back in to the garage.. i then had to leave because i was at work for the next 5 days..i was upset at leaving it behind, but comissioned Linster nd taylor to finish off he task.it would have been job done if it wasnt for the mount, it was a tester mount... not to worry though as a diff mount will be used .

Cars are arse at the best of times.
Humbug.
i think iwent through many emotions ****ing with the car that day

Winston
22-05-2006, 19:59
Was a long night!!!!!!!! ....2x car no nearer to running :cry:

Daz.
22-05-2006, 20:16
:shock:

You won in the end though 8)

VIPERONE
22-05-2006, 20:20
the battle has not been won yet.. there is a lull, the enemy have gone to ground. The allied forces wait for reinforcements to arrive, the ph1 ECU brigade is on its way.. the mounted company have been in tough training and should drop in tomorrow.

Daz.
22-05-2006, 20:28
Help, I cant get the centre bolt out!!!

Its a torx bit that is bigger than anything i have, tried a big screwdriver, but cant get it to turn, it does go anti-clockwise doesnt it???

URGENT REPLY NEEDED!!!

-->NV

Lunner
22-05-2006, 20:42
looks shit hot mate :D white willy wheels on a white mk1 is the ****ing best combo easily

VIPERONE
22-05-2006, 20:48
1. you need to be strong

Guess that means you wont be changing your steering wheel :wink:

Justin..
24-05-2006, 18:53
:shock: er :? ok then lol.

Daz.
24-05-2006, 22:01
Help, I cant get the centre bolt out!!!

Its a torx bit that is bigger than anything i have, tried a big screwdriver, but cant get it to turn, it does go anti-clockwise doesnt it???

URGENT REPLY NEEDED!!!

-->NV

I never said that? lol

This is amusing now!

Lunner
25-05-2006, 18:26
Gonna ahve to start signing posts off

Tom.

Justin..
25-05-2006, 19:21
everything should be fine now