PDA

View Full Version : Chip Wizard?

Tucks
17-04-2005, 10:41
Soz if this gets brought up all the time!..Been told to come on here (from CS of course!) about the Chip Wizard. Not got new cams on my car,just SS manifold-decat& System+ Filter. Was going to get a superchip done Local,but been told to put the cash towards this......
Correct?!
Is there a website about it? TBH im not very clued up on it at all,any info (in laymans terms!lol) appreciated.
Great website by the way,will be in here more from now on.
Chris

KingStromba
17-04-2005, 10:45
Dont bother with off the shelf chips. Unless the chip has been set up on a dyno or rolling road i really dont see it doing much if anything.

Go to Chip Wizzard or Nick Hill and get the car remapped. Most people who have had this are impressed by the gains and improved power delivery.

2live is the one to speak to about Chip Wizzard. I beleive he will do your car at any place with a rolling road. If you are near Derbyshire, Nick Hill at Hillpower can also remap your car.

Its on my list as soon as ive run my car in.

northy
17-04-2005, 13:14
chip wizzards did a great job on 2lives including a soft limiter conversion. He will be doing mine if i ever go down the cam route.

Is web page is http://www.chipwizards.co.uk/

VIPERONE
17-04-2005, 19:06
when i fit my other head on to my engine.. i will be utilising him...he lives literally 5 mins away.

Martin
17-04-2005, 20:19
My car was slightly quicker over the 1/4 mile with a chipwizard re-map compared to smt6... TBH I would get cams before going for a re-map...the difference is impressive! Anyone got that 2live and Wez vid from the n/w west meet!! lol

Tucks
17-04-2005, 22:01
Ok,so would I be better off leaving the Chip standard if I dont change the cams?
Would my current minor mods not really benefit from a chip?.Soz if im asking stupid questions by the way,but if id be better off just keeping my cash for a while,that would be no bad thing.LoL

Martin
17-04-2005, 22:17
I would'nt get a chipwizard re-map without cams no....even better excuse to get cammed up though! :wink: You could always get an off the shelf chip to increase the rev limiter but they won't make a great difference

J o n
18-04-2005, 11:21
yeah, may as well echo everyone else, i'd go chip wizards... I will be going to Wayne to get mine done after my cams have been timed in. Think it will be pretty quick then 8)