PDA

View Full Version : Oil Level Gauge Issues Solved!....

Coops
16-05-2006, 20:48
.....kinda! finally figured the oil gauge probs, its a phase 1 phase 2 thing!

my phase 1 clocks on my phase 2 valver didnt keep showing the oil level after the engine starts, on second ignition click the level displays then as soon as the engine starts it drops. i put my old phase 2 clocks in today and it stays up after engine start. so phase 1 valvers only display oil level under ignition

trying to be clever i then cracked open both sets and switched the pcb on the back of the gauges, it worked.....kinda! the resistant values for the phase 1 dials must be different as the needles are sluggish when they are operated by the phase 2 pcb! and the oil level does stay up after engine start but its reading way too high and blips up a little bit under ignition, so am going back to phase 1 again and i'll pick up a full set of phase 2's when i can be arsed! :roll:

summeh
17-05-2006, 00:23
lol

do not rely on the guage mate.

also, how can you possibly measure oil level with the engine running, since a lot of it is splashing about all over the place.

afaik the guage is supposed to drop once the engine is started.

Laine_16v
17-05-2006, 07:57
lol

do not rely on the guage mate.

also, how can you possibly measure oil level with the engine running, since a lot of it is splashing about all over the place.

afaik the guage is supposed to drop once the engine is started.

It does in my ph1, its stupid to measure it while the engine running for the reasons you said.

Dip stick is 10000000 times more accurate anyway :D

summeh
17-05-2006, 10:00
hmmm your ph1 guage keeps on reading once the engine is started?

mines a ph1 willy and the guage drops once the engine has started (takes about 5-10 seconds for the need to drop).

Laine_16v
17-05-2006, 12:47
Oh sorry must have put it wrong,

no my ph1 dial drops as soon the engine kicks into life, however it drops immediatley takes less than a second.

Coops
17-05-2006, 18:11
lol, your all missing the point!hehe!

i wasnt trying to get it to work cuz i use it as the bible! i dont really pay attention to it it was just priciple, i wanted it to work as it shud and in phase 2 valvers and ALL williams (maybe late phase 1 valvers n all but not sure) the needle stays up for around 5-10 secs after engine start. older phase 1's however it doesnt it drops immediatly, so i was just fiddlin about to see why! :wink:

Coops
17-05-2006, 18:12

i wasnt trying to get it to work cuz i use it as the bible! i dont really pay attention to it it was just priciple, i wanted it to work as it shud and in phase 2 valvers and ALL williams (maybe late phase 1 valvers n all but not sure) the needle stays up for around 5-10 secs after engine start. older phase 1's however it doesnt it drops immediatly, so i was just fiddlin about to see why! :wink:

summeh
17-05-2006, 22:27

ah right, lol, mine does that :) (stays for 5-10secs)