PDA

View Full Version : funking hell im bored and tired *****HELP NEEDED!!!*****

rt_blackpool
15-05-2006, 15:55
*depressive rant start*

its been really quiet on here recently, its usually several new posts every 15mins. where is everyone?

also im worried about the state of my car :( im gonna get a mech friend of a friend to look at it and sort the rear discs (i still cant get the ****ing hub nut off even with a brakers bar!!!! :evil: ) which i’ll obviously have to pay him for.
then after that its going to need the aux belt and oil & filter doing which will prob cost a nice amount. he does do it on the cheap for me, but still its gonna be like 4 or 5 hrs + just doing the belt and money isnt plentiful at the min.

if thats all that needs doing i'll be amazed as there's a kind of tappety/knocking noise from the engine i think, so god knows what that is gonna cost. :roll:

at this rate i dont know if it'll be ready for FCS :(

*depressive rant finish*

Purple
15-05-2006, 16:04
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o< 8-[ [-( ](*,) O:) =; :-& :-({|= :-$ :-s \:D/ :-#

I am not bored, I just wanted to see what all the smiley's look like in a single sentence......

Now I know.

rt_blackpool
15-05-2006, 16:05
hahaha thanks :D

although u cocked one up :P

Coops
15-05-2006, 17:38
they look damn cool!

and mate its true clios are one thing to the next! end of the day no matter what u have done it wont be as perfect as you want so just drive it untill it breaks n do what u can afford/be arsed doing in the meantime! 8)

smokey
16-05-2006, 12:08
Are hub nuts reverse thread? :oops:

rt_blackpool
16-05-2006, 12:12
well if they are, these ones arnt! :(

alrady thought of that, basically theres a small amount of thread left and i've tried screwing on the new nut a little and it tightens clockwise, untightens anti-clockwise

Lunner
16-05-2006, 12:56
No they certainly aren't reverse thread

Shouldn't have any probs getting rears off they arent' torqued up that tighht, unlike the fronts 240NM iirc

rt_blackpool
16-05-2006, 13:03
front ones were a piece of piss to do, did them both (inc new pads etc) in a couple of hours.

rear ones are taking the piss, got the guy mentioned before coming looking tonight.

Lunner
16-05-2006, 13:17
very very strange

Try using a blowlamp to melt the nylock insert, can then spray plus gas on them and let it penetrate in....or are you just being weak ;)

rt_blackpool
16-05-2006, 13:28
lol i maybe be being weak, but everyone else who has tried isnt.
my brother in law tried, and he's like twice my size in width and he couldnt shift it one bit.

i bet im gonna have to get a windy gun on them.

rt_blackpool
16-05-2006, 20:10
ok, so the mech guy comes round, sticks the bar and socket on the nut and bingo, off she comes easy as anthying :roll:

he listens to the engine, revs it a bit etc and after a short convo about the little idle problem i have, he walks off. as he walks to his car i stopped him and asked about the engine.

he says 2 words to me:- "bin it"

apprently the tapets are tapety and i've got a bit of piston slap.

so, now to sum up my options, how much am i looking to get it fixed, and could anyone off here do it for me?

rt_blackpool
16-05-2006, 22:30
is this the right place for this, or maybe the wanted section?