PDA

View Full Version : Insuring 2 Cars

Coops
13-05-2006, 11:22
Whats it likely to cost me to insure a 1.8 chavalier along side my valver? i need a run about and me mum doesnt want her old cav nemore so i said i'd have it off her for 300 quid.

plan is to totally slag the valver as i always wanted to :twisted: and use the cav for commuting and ferrying the missus about! :wink:

so how cud or shud i split the insurance or do they take it as i use both cars all the time and charge me accordingly?

Cheers lads/ladettes

Coops

Mattie
14-05-2006, 18:28
u could always just keep 1 lot of insurence coops and then swap it over 2 wotever car your gona be using :idea:

Lunner
14-05-2006, 18:49
Thats far too much hassle lol, an they might charge an admin fee for that

Usually cheaper to add a 2nd car to a policy, give em a ring and find out

aaronc
15-05-2006, 18:59
As long as your over 21, alot of companies can mirror your no claims therefore the price will be more acceptable.

The other choice is to get it insured by your parents or similar person that will be cheaper and drive it third party which might be included on your fully comp policy.

bill.
16-05-2006, 08:59
As long as your over 21, alot of companies can mirror your no claims therefore the price will be more acceptable.

The other choice is to get it insured by your parents or similar person that will be cheaper and drive it third party which might be included on your fully comp policy.

re- driving cars 3rd party off your fully comp insurance, i'm sure companys are putting a stop to this, to stop people driving around in fancy cars that are only insured 3rd party through other policys (the bastards)

smokey
16-05-2006, 11:59

In my experience very few companies will mirror your no claims, we have 2 cars and a transit and the no claims is only used on the Hybrid

aaronc
16-05-2006, 15:08

In my experience very few companies will mirror your no claims, we have 2 cars and a transit and the no claims is only used on the Hybrid

Smokey, Adrian flux mirrored my no claims on my clio cup and van with no problems, they might be worth contacting, oh and also Tesco mirrored my no claims when i had my 16v and astra.

Coops
16-05-2006, 19:20
am with adrian flux so am gonna give em a bell in next cupla days n see what i can sort out with em! 8)

bass_direct
16-05-2006, 19:41
Do an admiral multi car quote.