PDA

View Full Version : need pic of engine with pas pump showing

wavy
11-05-2006, 15:02
im in need of a pic of engine with pas pump showing or any info about what it is

also does this look like a pas pump from a williams

:arrow: http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13284

im not buying that 1 just trying to find out what it looks like and how hard iit is to remove and replace

when i look the alternator looks lower than the pas but the pulley looks higher ?
how does the pulley connect to the pump ? where is the pump

:)

wavy
11-05-2006, 15:04
the above is the total of my knoledge 1 frikkin pic and im pullin half my car apart :lol:
any 1 close got a haynes :lol:

Swervin_Mervin
11-05-2006, 15:05
The pump is behind and slightly above the alternator. I wouldn't use anything other than a clio pump personally. I'd also go for a new item. They're such a cvnt to get to that you might as well get a new one. You won't want to have to do it again at any time.

wavy
11-05-2006, 15:12
renault part is £235 :shock: im not payin that (even if i could)
im gettin second hand 1 of matbrown and use slick 50
its never been a noisy part before it went just a constant noise(not on turning) but if the second hand part is noisy ?
ill take the risk :)

renault (rochdale) pas pump - 7700805017 £200+ vat = £235

Swervin_Mervin
11-05-2006, 15:17
I got mine for £200. IMO 2nd hand is pointless on something that is so difficult to reach. Chances are your pump isn't ****ed anyway. What have you tried so far?

wavy
11-05-2006, 15:25
so far nothing gotta fix my brakes (probably finish tonight)
im not sure what i can do
proper sounded like a bearing had gone then pas stoped working then its droped all its fluid all in 30 mins driving
iv pulled nothing off the car yet as its unsafe if its not nailed down

Swervin_Mervin
11-05-2006, 15:28
Well let replacing the pump be the absolute LAST thing you do. Having had mine done I'm not convinced anymore that it was necessarily fooked.

Get it drained and re-filled first, then see what happens. When filling ignore the crap that is spouted in the Haynes about filling levels as well. Fill it to 3/4 of the way up the vanes in the filler neck.

wavy
11-05-2006, 15:38
ok when i get the gear and start ill try filling it 1st

im not sure of how tight the belt should be but the 1 that is on is tight
is it just down to feel when u replace it

Swervin_Mervin
11-05-2006, 15:40
Yep. Something like 1/4 turn of the belt. Says in Haynes. Chances are the fluid is old and ****ed and you've overheated it like I did at Elvington 3-4 weeks ago.

wavy
11-05-2006, 15:54
when u overheated yours did it drop all fluid throught the engine bay or did it blow from the bottle
the bad noise started on start up then went so was cold
then ramdom for 30 mins then failed so i dont think it could of overheated

i will refill tho and check before i strip it hope it is that
:arrow: *NoOb AlErT* but i do think its the bearing on the pulley :(

Swervin_Mervin
11-05-2006, 15:58
Mine spewed out through the lid and all over the engine bay. Then made a horrible noise. It may well be yours lost enough to cut the assistance, which mine used to do when cold.

wavy
12-05-2006, 20:57
bttt still need a pic of engine showing pas please