PDA

View Full Version : 2 Problems - Both Uncertain

mikeymikewakey
09-05-2006, 17:21
Hi Guys...

If on a williams there is an oil leak where most of the oil seems to be on the inside of the heat shield which is above the starter motor, near the oil pressure sensor...there is oil on the starter motor, the inside of the heat shield around the starter motor, and is dropping down the sump and also onto the exhaust downpipe. Some oil has even made it to the drivers side driveshaft, where do you think the leak could be coming from? (I know this is vague and I have no pics, sorry)

Also...I was driving down the road and my car went dead. I tried to re-start my car and the starter motor clicked, but no engine starting.
It sounds pretty much dead. I bump start it and the battery light flickers faintly. Any ideas what the problem could be?
The recovery guys said my battery was being charged at 12V with the headlights on and engine running at 2000rpm, apparently this should be 14V to be functioning correctly.
-Will i likely need a new alternator, is it a bad earthing problem or other wiring problem?

Thanks In Advance.

Mike

VIPERONE
09-05-2006, 17:25
ive answered both