PDA

View Full Version : Feeling sad & depressed.

POWARTEK
09-05-2006, 14:51
:cry:

being a nice sunny day again, I took the opportunity to wash willy and remove the summer shit and what looked like pollen off him. Dont you just hate finding new scratches, dents and other problems when you wash your car? Last time I washed i found my foglamp was smashed to pieces, today I washed and my indicator is cracked and misting up along with a nice fresh parking dent in what was my perfect drivers door. Add this to the ever growing stone chips and peeling bumper paint..............By now im sure most of you can relate to my heartache.

Now this is my dillema, do i spend some money and get my bonnet/bumper painted and give willy a new lease of live and respark our love, do i leave it as it is or sell up and buy that cosworth Ive always wanted? The reason i dnt really want to get him painted is that the bodywork shows the mileage, its exactly how you would expect a 100k car to look on original paint on every panel exept the trust, rusty rear arches. I dnt want teh car to look too dolled up only for people to think its odd or is suffering from accident damage with some panels recieving paint and others not.............My car spends most of tis time sat at 70-80mph on the dual cariageway, hence these problems.....................

I guess this post isnt a question or a help me sorta post, more of a cry on your shoulder type problem...........however id still like some opinions.

:?

bill.
09-05-2006, 14:56
bring her back to life again, and from my personel experiance, stay well clear of the money pit.................sorry cosworth!

Kelly
09-05-2006, 15:06
TBH i wouldn't bother respraying the bumpers on the car. As you said yourself, people expect stonechips to be there, and I know most people on here wouldn't buy a Williams which had been sprayed in the fear it had been stuffed into a lamppost at some point.

Why not go for what you always dreamed of? Whats stopping you?

BRUN
09-05-2006, 15:10
mines been reprayed only a year and its already full of stone chips and the odd small parking dent, and i never park next to anyone !

ive even got a little bit of rust on the rear arches and they were done properly with new sheet metal being welded in

POWARTEK
09-05-2006, 15:13
Thing is I bought the willy as a passing fantasty, having sold 1 of my 4 cars whcih i used to use to publise my business, i cant do it in the willy, it woudl be wrong to have big graphics and things of such nature on it.

northy
09-05-2006, 15:20
id use the money u saved buying it that cheap and get a full window out respray mate.

:D

Dancliovalver
09-05-2006, 15:22
get williams JRs old man to respray it for ya lol

Purple
09-05-2006, 15:35
If it's not too bad, leave it as it is. The money you save from the paint job; you can plough back into maintaining the mechanical bits.

POWARTEK
10-05-2006, 10:43
id use the money u saved buying it that cheap and get a full window out respray mate.

:D

cheap..........?

I think my mind is swaying at just keeping willy looking tidy, use as much as I can till I have enough money to buy the dream. :(