PDA

View Full Version : Spacers.....

Dave_b
09-05-2006, 12:06
Was down at Kwik - Fix today getting a new tyre (don't ask why i went to kwik fit) and the young lad comes threw.....

Employee :"Do you know you need spacer......."
Me: "why do i need them now?"
Employee: "your wheels sit far to inwards...."
Me: "yes thats the standard ofset"
Employee: " i hope you ain't going fast it aint safe with the wheels that far in...."

Should i have slapped him hard?

Dave_b
09-05-2006, 12:32
Forgot this ain't the best part.... He also told me i need new springs for the back as i could sheer the bolt's of my wheels if i keep running around like that...... :lol:

BRUN
09-05-2006, 12:32
you got standard wheels on ?

we have something with kwik fit at the moment, we got supplied some wheels and the customer doesnt think they are balanced correctly, fair enough, i said get em done and we will pay for it, so he did, but they needed over 100g worth of weights on each wheel so it looks stupid, they also said it was the tyres fault and that buying some Pirellis from them might solve it, which just so happen to be on offer and be about £500 for 4 (19" wheels)

Dave_b
09-05-2006, 12:39
They are aftermarket alloys.... but the handling is great.... i have done extensive testing :lol:

I went in for one tyre.... they tryed to sell me 4.

Came away with 2 as the front driver was getting low..

They tryed to charge me 90 quid a pop for Continentals....

Managed to get the pair for about 65 per.

But i really strugled to keep a straight face with the lad.

stew
09-05-2006, 12:47
as a rule of thumb....NEVER use kiwik-fit!

unless the world is gonna end or your in an emergency!

Dave_b
09-05-2006, 12:49
It was a mini emergancy.

Had to get to work.... back tyre is flat... kwik fit is there..... bugger it.

And i got a laugh aswell..... :lol:

Lunner
09-05-2006, 16:42
i'd have asked him to explain his reasoning, and then come out with a load of crap about castor and camber and toe in setting and watch the look on his face when he realised i know more than him :lol:

Dave_b
09-05-2006, 16:51
They did say my front wheels "point in funny". Not the most technical of terms and i simply pointed out the Camber etc had been altered.

Allan
20-05-2006, 21:17
Hmm last time i went to them, the wrench monkey managed to snap 2 of my wheel bolts on 1 wheel :S then said to me that they couldnt fix them and to not drive too much on it !

nice of them :S

lucky i only live about 2 mins from the place and went stright home drilled them out and replaced probably have 20 odd clio wheel bolts in the garage