PDA

View Full Version : FAO people with throttle bodies

dan-hipgrave
08-05-2006, 17:33
I may be getting hold of a set of throttle bodies and a Lumenition management system for my rebuilt Williams engine soon, and want a bit of information about fitting them first..

Basically, what needs to be changed/modified? Is a completely standard, but rebuilt Williams engine going to be ok running them?

Can someone with no real experience like me, fit these and get the engine working, or is it a job for the pros?

Cheers,

Dan

Clio_GTT
08-05-2006, 17:36
depends how compreshensive the kit is ? Has it been fitted to a 16v already ?

theres quite a bit of stuff that needs changing, rad needs lowering or a smaller one installed, fuel needs to be plumbed up, you'll need it mapped eventually aswell

dan-hipgrave
08-05-2006, 17:38
i know the ECU has been mapped, and its apparently a full conversion kit, so rad is included...

Standard engine is ok then?

Clio_GTT
08-05-2006, 17:46
yer, it will be fine mate, you don't need any special engine spec, although you will get better gains with matching mods to take advantage of the extra flow

dan-hipgrave
08-05-2006, 17:48
Cool, cheers mate..

With the ECU mapped, is it literally a case of bolt on and go then? Im worried about spending all this money and then never even running the engine, or blowing it up first turn of the key!!

Clio_GTT
08-05-2006, 17:58
If its mapped well then it should run, it won't be perfect but it will run and idle etc.

it shouldn't blow up mate LOL, unless its mapped very baddly.

stan
08-05-2006, 19:28
i'll fit it for you if you dont feel confident mate.

Mattie
09-05-2006, 17:50
dusnt the loom need modin?...or will a remap on the ECU be fine?

might be worth talkin 2 craig on here mate, hes got them installed...think a few others have as well...not sure who though?

dan-hipgrave
09-05-2006, 17:58
yeh i have spoken to Craig (Stan) on here, and he has given me an excellent quote on not only fitting the throttle bodies, but also fitting my Williams engine at the same time..

Cheers for the help guys.