PDA

View Full Version : chip/remap question

bill.
08-05-2006, 12:09
Right, my car has a stage 1 chip from hillpower, i hear a lot about chipwizard on here, so what i want to know is, say for example i get some cams put into my car, can i then have the hillpower chip remapped to suit? and as i mod the car can i continue to use this chip and just get it remapped accordingly?

Is this something that can be done through chipwizard or would i need a chip off them, or do they remap any chips?

I'm confused :?

cheers

2 live
08-05-2006, 12:28
wayne will map pretty much anything tbh mate.

the chip u have fitted now....well thats jus an off the shelf chip...to get the best results from any mods, the chip really needs mappin to suit ur engine/mods.....on the rollers is probly the best/easiest way to do this....can be done on the dyno...but easier on the rollers.

if u fit cams now, then go to upgrade the ecu, the chip u have in now will be pretty useless tbh, its not mapped for cams and other mods etc. wayne would probly take ur chip out, and run urs thru his laptop, changing the map to suit the mods.

how any other co. does it im not sure cos i have no experience of taking my car to em.

bill.
08-05-2006, 12:33
I was under the impression the chip i had was mapped to suit the mods,only exhaust,de-cat and filter, is this not the case then?

ps. where are chipwizards based?

2 live
08-05-2006, 12:39
unless its been mapped on teh rollers mate its just another off the shelf chip....

chip wizards located in milnrow......near rochdale.

bill.
08-05-2006, 12:41
cheers 2 live, and rochdales nice and close for me 8)

J o n
08-05-2006, 12:56
with regards to the HP chip what you want to do is get a socket set, iirc you only need 13mm. take said socket and unscrew the HP chip, now you simply need to upgrade and chip your 'bin', this will see the most benefit from it's performance.

Martin
08-05-2006, 15:37
with regards to the HP chip what you want to do is get a socket set, iirc you only need 13mm. take said socket and unscrew the HP chip, now you simply need to upgrade and chip your 'bin', this will see the most benefit from it's performance.

But your car is a bin jesus... :wink:

bill.
10-05-2006, 08:27

There that good are they? thought hillpower where a decent company, is this just your experiance from them or do others feel the same?

2 live
10-05-2006, 08:29
i too have owned a williams with a kill power chip in......first thing that i did....swap for a std ecu.....car felt quicker almost straight away.

bill.
10-05-2006, 08:34
i too have owned a williams with a kill power chip in......first thing that i did....swap for a std ecu.....car felt quicker almost straight away.

mmm just found a thread on it, they dont sound too clever now, car feels ok mind, but i've not had it that long so cant really compare it to anything, may try disconnecting the battery tonight as said on the other thread, to see if theres any change