PDA

View Full Version : Socket Set

donsrno1
07-05-2006, 00:02
I need to get myself a decent socket set as the one I have just now is just cheap and nasty, so I'm looking for suggestions.

The main thing is that I want one with a lifetime guarantee. A mate that works at halfords is checking what price he can get some of their professional range (I think thats what their called, but the ones with the guarantee) for and at the moment thats looking like the most likely option.

Anyone have any other suggestions? I've not got a set amount I'm willing to pay, cheaper would be better but I'm willing to pay a bit more for a good quality set.

Thanks.

Dancliovalver
07-05-2006, 00:04
halfords mate do an exellent set with a lifetime garuntee!!!

and their really good quality aswell, if u every break one they will straight swap it with the same one!

donsrno1
07-05-2006, 00:08
halfords mate do an exellent set with a lifetime garuntee!!!

and their really good quality aswell, if u every break one they will straight swap it with the same one!

I've heard good things about the halfords sets, which is why I was asking my mate to check for me what discount he could get. TBH I'd rather not spend £85 (which is what the 150 piece set would be) as it really is just sockets and a decent ratchet I need, but I'm trying to find out about their smaller sets.

VIPERONE
07-05-2006, 00:22
Halfords tools are awesome...very worthwhile sets.. im going to get one

Rott
07-05-2006, 01:29
I scored big time, with work, got a 82 piece TENG socket set as a safety award, then 6 months later, got in a brochure to choose my service/loyalty award from, from which i took a 60-odd piece PROTO set, enough to last 2 lifetimes 8) 8) 8)

Gav
07-05-2006, 08:55
but we all know

snap on is where it is at! 8)

BRUN
07-05-2006, 09:15
ive got the 150 piece Halfords set, its brilliant, dont know how i managed without it now makes jobs on the car so much easier

u33db
07-05-2006, 18:20
Halfords lifetime guarantee is only on non-moving parts - if you knacker a socket or rachet spanner like i have you'll be out of luck! :(

Still, they are good regardless...only complaint i have with my 150 piece is that more of the larger sockets in the set should be equiped with 1/2" drive as i've snapped 2 1/4" parts already...

Jamie.
07-05-2006, 18:22
Halfords lifetime guarantee is only on non-moving parts - if you knacker a socket or rachet spanner like i have you'll be out of luck! :(

Still, they are good regardless...only complaint i have with my 150 piece is that more of the larger sockets in the set should be equiped with 1/2" drive as i've snapped 2 1/4" parts already...

your right but i dont know a manager who wouldnt just swap it for you. as we always did when i worked at halfords

richy
07-05-2006, 18:22
make sure u get halfords pro stuff if u do buy theres, very good stuff for the price either way, teng, signet etc are usually good aswell

midge
07-05-2006, 18:35
i bought the halfords set as well, excellent.

katbloke
07-05-2006, 18:54
but we all know

snap on is where it is at! 8)

agreed

u33db
07-05-2006, 20:33

your right but i dont know a manager who wouldnt just swap it for you. as we always did when i worked at halfords

Well the swapped the broken extension the first time no bother...when i went back with the duff rachet and second broken extension they were bleating about having to send things away/rachets weren't covered etc...pikes!