PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

Lunner
06-05-2006, 19:25
What the **** shoudl i do about this car, tehre aren't any decent cars about to buy, ****ed or not.

This one has a decent body on it, gonna cost around £700 to fix and hopefully SHOULD drive straight.

Just lost a black one on ebay.

Got exams this month so need to buy a running car, cus i ahven't got time to **** about getting one to run or sawapping an engine etc.

Tempted to get this one fixed, but then i dunno

stew
06-05-2006, 20:12
buy a shitter, run it this month, and buy a decent 16v shell, and swap the bits over in your spare time. personally i dont think crashed cars ever drive right again - no matter how bad the damage is!

Mattie
06-05-2006, 21:02
well it sounds bad tom so personaly id **** the car off and buy a new decent valver.....then swap everythin over wen uv got time.....

wot exactly have u gota swap over anyway?...engine?

stew
06-05-2006, 21:05
yeah i thot the engine was kinda ****ered!

id buy a valver, rebuild the f7r and then slam that in when u get time.

kill 2 birds with the one stone n all...

just buy a 50quid shitter to run about in while the cars are off the road.

jwarren2k2
06-05-2006, 23:59
Lunner,

my gf has just bought a new car and her old one is sitting in her drive...

£100 and its urs mate.

its a white G reg pug 205 1.1 style.
got 178000 (yes 178000!) on the clock but runs fine. got a leak in passenger footwell, but its summer so shouldnt be bad now. its got fsh and always had services done on time etc by her dad (think the last one was just before xmas). passed last mot no problems. tax till july (iirc) and mot till september (iirc).

Reason she got a new car is cos her dad just wanted her to have a newer car.

It's near portsmouth. PM me if ur interested? It'll get u round for a bit mate!

James

jay s
07-05-2006, 00:34
sound like you got the same problem i had when i smashed my last one. i had the same feeling too, lost a car on e-bay, all the cheap ones gone on autotrader, blah blah blah. thought i would never get a half-decent car cheap, on a strange chance came across the loot website so had a quick look and found the car ive got now. was up for £1200 so i gave him a call and went to see it the next night with £900 in my pocket. got him down to £900 but i reckon i could of got it cheaper if i saw it at daylight ( bonnet has losts it shine on a small patch). anyway try the loot or other local papers as when i spoke to the fella he said it was advertised for 5 weeks and he did'nt get 1 phonecall :shock: after that paid £300 to get the eng/box/exh taken out of smashed one and put in this one. i know it is a little more than you want to spend but i think it would be the better option rather than repair...

jay s
07-05-2006, 00:58
just had a look on the loot and found this, not sure if its what u want but worth a try, it near manchester if thats any good.
http://www.loot.com/rs6/cl.asp?action=view_ad&ad_id=14005712