PDA

View Full Version : FAO Lunner

Coops
06-05-2006, 09:30
Mate, these avo's, what do they come set at? soft or hard? i just slapped em on and i had three up last nite n i think i was commin off the bump stops.

lookin under the rear arches, the bloody things are actually parallel with the road the cars that low, is urs the same n if so how hard u got em set?

actually adjustin em n all, i had a quick look before i stuck em on and theres a little alan key bolt in the middle n then a flat head screw around it? do i slacken the alan key then use the flat head to adjust it? didnt come with ne instructions ya see! :roll:

cheers mate

Coops

Coops
06-05-2006, 12:07
just spoke to msw and they say was sposed to be a 'knob' u put onto the shocks to adjust em supplied in the box, there bloody wasnt! so they are ringing avo or summit to sort it.why is nothing simple in this life?! :evil:

VIPERONE
06-05-2006, 13:47
id've read the instructions before fitting lol

j/k its a shitter lol.. my konig suspension was great.. till it snapped

clowo16v
06-05-2006, 13:55
Mine are horizontal don't let them go onto the bump stops i've snapped 2 pairs of rear shockers already.

I'm thinking of turreting the rear arches and running the shocks vertical should be a lot better.

Matt

VIPERONE
06-05-2006, 14:25
hmmm...

good idea

Lunner
06-05-2006, 17:33
Mine are 5 notches off the hardest setting.

I adjusted mine with an allen key :roll:

dunno if they are horizontal or not, but then i never have people in the back of mine

Coops
07-05-2006, 21:45
Mine are 5 notches off the hardest setting.

I adjusted mine with an allen key :roll:

dunno if they are horizontal or not, but then i never have people in the back of mine

tried that but i think the alan key stripped the screw in the shocker, am not sure, **** it am just not gonna let ne1 in it! :wink:

richy
07-05-2006, 21:47
my old AVO's had a knob u turn at the bottom of them!

Coops
07-05-2006, 21:55
thats just it mate, they didnt provide the bloody knod! just the shocks, the knob clips on to adjust em!

richy
07-05-2006, 21:57
lol muppets!

Lunner
08-05-2006, 09:09
allen key worked fine for mien, sure you weren't trying to turn them the wrong way? ;)

Coops
08-05-2006, 13:50
right talked to avo, they changed the design you do have to use an alan key now, so am guessin i was trying to turn it too far to the stiff side :P , must of come like 2 notches off stiffest!

in this case am guessin the knock wasnt off the bump stops but since the car has settled lower on the new shocks i rekon its the exhaust knockin on the axle beam again when i go over bigger bumps!! :wink: