PDA

View Full Version : coolant bottle pressure

Mattie
04-05-2006, 22:40
drained all my coolant and refilled it all etc the other day.....

now wen ever i check my coolant level after a drive its bublin like mad!....

2day i found coolant around the coolant bottle 2 leeding me 2 beileve its built up so much pressure that the water has been forced out the cap

is this normal as i never really checked it that much b4 i drained it all???

thanks guys :)

Coops
04-05-2006, 22:45
u bleed it right mate? leave the cap off n let the engine run for good half n hour at operation temp, shud keep bubblin air in the tank. when that stops all airlocks shud be gone.

some one also mentioned a method using a 2l pop bottle but i cant blummin remember it, sorry man!

Coops

Mattie
04-05-2006, 22:50
ye i tryd the 2ltr pop bottle method...if i remembered it right :? lol

also ran the engine at 1500rpm for 4mins with cap off them 10mins with cap on....

might run it agen for 30mins at 1000rpm see if that makes a diference!

cheeers coops :)

Lunner
04-05-2006, 23:15
whats the temp like??

If there isn;t much pressure in teh system the temop will be high, high pressure lower temp

Could be you have a dodgy cap

stew
05-05-2006, 01:18
apparently running with the cap off for a period of time is bad for the engine. the coolant isnt pressurised and wont flow properly, meaning localised boiling around certain areas of the head, causing damage.

mine is really weird. some days the coolant temp gauge sits just below 1/2 - then others it rises and falls between 1/3 and 2/3. totally random.

im sure the system is properly bled, new cts, new rad, new header tank and pressure cap, new thermostat!

i hate bloody reno cooling systems! :evil:

Mattie
05-05-2006, 17:06
the temp sits around half way usually just under....thats wile driving or just after driving.....on start up if i leave it idle it sits just after 1/4 i think....

this is right isnt it?