PDA

View Full Version : Air Feed Relocation

rt_blackpool
04-05-2006, 20:49
ok, how many have done it and where to?

i was thinking about moving it to where behind the front bumper, and removing one of thoes blanking plates next to the fog lights.

is it worth while, or will it "ram" too much air into the pipe/airbox (can you have too much air going in?!) and how do i remove thoes blanking plates?

Justin..
04-05-2006, 20:51
lol at too much air :lol:

just get a hammer at beat it out with a long screwdriver or soemthin :)

Lunner
04-05-2006, 20:59
Those holes are too skmall, better for brake cooler feeds, need to use a fog light hole

Mattie
04-05-2006, 22:35
i was lukin at doin this 2....luks like its gona b a bitch to route though!

think coops has got it done?....some1 on the mids meet did anyway :-k

whoever it is...do u get alot of dirt n crap up the feed in2 the air box sein as its soooo low?

sorry 4 the hi jack btw :-#

Coops
04-05-2006, 22:41
yeah i got it done, and the hole in the blanking plate is exactly the same circumference as the airbox inlet! just bend the pipe into a rectancle to fit and its fits perfect! well it did untill it collapsed! :oops:

runnin smaller but stronger ducting to same blanking plate now but only temporary till i can get hold of the right stuff, think the shite stuff i used was 100mm. its just a git to fit cuz you have to get it round the subframe at a bit of an akward angle to the hole in the bumper, loads of tie tags tho n ur laffin! :wink:

best off to remove the aux water pump bracket n all and mount that pump elsewhere so the routing to the airrbox is more direct

am gonna get some high quality ducting n re do it in cupla weeks when am sorted again for cash, i'll do a step by step wit photos then if neone wants

Coops

MattyH16valver
04-05-2006, 22:46
I removed the shitty original cold air feed and chopped off some of the bracket so that I had enough room to pass a 82mm pipe through from the air scoop to the airbox. You hav'nt got any chance of doing this unless u cut away some of the metal bracket.
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCF0466.jpg

Hill Power Cold Air Scoop and Demon Tweeks high temp ducting in 82mm
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCF0465.jpg

Result
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c226/MattyH16v/DSCF0467.jpg 8)

BRUN
04-05-2006, 23:58
how does that bracket come off ?

rt_blackpool
05-05-2006, 07:43
ill moves - dont worry about it, its a good question i prob would have asked at some point anyway :)

coops - yeah if you could post a step by step with pics that'd be great!

matty - i'd quite like to keep my fog lights, especially after one very memorable journey home from cardiff. never seen fog like it!

northy
05-05-2006, 07:48

looks like its been cut off.

gtbloke
05-05-2006, 09:51
Question is does it really make a difference ?

MattyH16valver
05-05-2006, 12:24

looks like its been cut off.
Correct....i had to remove the water pump bracket I think it is and cut the section off that holds the original ducting with a hacksaw. I then replaced the bracket. Lots more room to pass a decent cold air duct through now. I think that it should make some difference whatever time of year it is...especially in the winter.

stew
05-05-2006, 13:46
Question is does it really make a difference ?

YES - ive noticed much much better pull above 60mph, and im sure id notice a different with general driving but it is never hot enough in scotland! lol