PDA

View Full Version : william 3 colour, advice please

bill.
04-05-2006, 08:03
I have just bought a pretty much mint williams 3, i have decided to take it to the bodywork shop to make it absolutley pristine condition,after looking at some williams 3's, i am beginning to wonder if the colour on them varies? i know they are not the same as 1's and 2's, but some 3's appear to be more purple than others, is this the case, or am i just a blind twat? as i dont want any problems with a colour match when getting sprayed up!

cheers

ps.should i de-lock it whilst its there? the alarm operates the centrel locking, but i want to keep the car as original as possible, but surely de-locking it wouldn't matter?

northy
04-05-2006, 08:07
Hi Bill.

Some 3's will be more 'purple' than others due to the large batch of paint renault had mixed. There are 8 shades from memory.

Mine is standard 1.

If you take your car and have the door shuts matched as the original colour or get a standard monico blue 432 sprayed - it should be right.

Dont delock unless your keeping the car mate - it knocks value off to a prospective buyer.

bill.
04-05-2006, 08:15
Hi Bill.

Some 3's will be more 'purple' than others due to the large batch of paint renault had mixed. There are 8 shades from memory.

Mine is standard 1.

If you take your car and have the door shuts matched as the original colour or get a standard monico blue 432 sprayed - it should be right.

Dont delock unless your keeping the car mate - it knocks value off to a prospective buyer.

cheers northy, sounds like very good advice that, what i was looking for, i'll go for the standard 432, just to be safe, regarding keeping the car, i think i probably will, had my valver for about 5/6 years and missed that once i'd sold it, and this is only better, so will hopefully be able to afford to keep it end of, and maybe get a 2nd car as a run around, so might just de lock it, mmm not to sure yet?????

northy
04-05-2006, 08:20
if it was me - get standard 432

:D

bill.
04-05-2006, 08:54
will do :D

MattyH16valver
04-05-2006, 09:01
My valver was re-sprayed in 432 at some point before I bought it and I must admit I don't like it that much cos when the sun shines on it ..it looks purple. Will probably get a re-spray at some point in 449 blue. 8)

bill.
04-05-2006, 09:07
to be honest mate, i like the purple shade, makes you look twice 8)

fasterthanjesus
04-05-2006, 09:50
its a pain when trying to buy parts "ready to fit" due to the different colours.

but imho its nice to be slightly different.

tbh i would have preferred them to keep all 3 williams the same shade.