PDA

View Full Version : Quick fan-switch question

Purple
02-05-2006, 09:12
Just want to double check. Swapping the 2 contact lugs around on the fan-switch should be no problem. There is no plus/minus polarity to the 2 contact lugs.

Is that correct?

Purple
02-05-2006, 11:04
The original fan switch was replaced sometime ago and the new one does not have a housing for the contact terminals. Was simply fitted with terminals lugs. The wire for one of the lugs came lose yesterday.

Am going to re-solder 2 new lugs tonight. Just want to check on the polarity (which I think there should be non) before I take them out.

MatBrown
02-05-2006, 21:56
I know the standard sensor and switch had slots in places so they could only go together one way.

Mat.

Clio_GTT
02-05-2006, 22:04
Just want to double check. Swapping the 2 contact lugs around on the fan-switch should be no problem. There is no plus/minus polarity to the 2 contact lugs.

Is that correct?

noooooooooo they deffo have a polarity mate, don't connect them up the wrong way, the one goes straight to the battery and the other to the body. black is earth and white is positive.

Clio_GTT
02-05-2006, 22:10
hmmm missread it, the switch itself shouldn't be polarised mate as that runs off the relay.