I got a Clio 2 days ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/pXc-bill/DSC00664.jpg

Its broken and its bad... :cry:

Gav
01-05-2006, 18:33
whats broken?

Coops
01-05-2006, 18:33
:? explain mate? cant be too bad surely!

Justin..
01-05-2006, 18:34
u crashed it ? broke it? **** sake dont put half the story ffs :D

Andyvalver
01-05-2006, 18:36
Alight mate, i sent him over here guys. Thought you lot would be more use that the cliosport chavs :wink:

Tell the whole story mate like on cs :wink:

Coops
01-05-2006, 18:36
fook cs man, heres where the helps at! explain mate and all shud be well! 8)

Danny-ACE!
01-05-2006, 18:38
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=138324

Coops
01-05-2006, 18:43
erm, try changing the relay! :wink:

altho that aint a guarentee (i have no GCSE english!) i'd start with that

Justin..
01-05-2006, 18:44
dude, it aint dead :? £500 would fix that

Coops
01-05-2006, 18:47
ooo, didnt read on! theres me jumpin the gun! :oops:

yeah new box mate will sort u, cud go second hand but may as well get a refurb or a newun on exchange!

dont worry bout it tbh, gearbox goin will happen at some point of clio valver ownership, so get it out the way now and enjoy noiseless gearbox driving from the off! am still waiting for my gearbox to die, it sounds lovely atm at about 70 on the m/way! :lol:

clowo16v
01-05-2006, 18:55
I tapped the gearbox mount mounting holes out a couple of sizes bigger and helicoiled them on gearbox number 3 it was on for a couple of months with no probs.

Matt

Danny-ACE!
01-05-2006, 19:14
How much is a new gearbox. I have found the problem, I just went and got the car running and there is no problem with it now. I just need a new gearbox? How much am I looking to get one fitted?

donsrno1
01-05-2006, 19:20
How much is a new gearbox. I have found the problem, I just went and got the car running and there is no problem with it now. I just need a new gearbox? How much am I looking to get one fitted?

It depends mate, you can get a reconditioned box (all new internals) for about £450 iirc, or you could get a second hand box for about £50. If a garage changed the clutch fairly recently and that is the cause then take it back to get it sorted. If you can do it yourself though you may be as well putting another box on, otherwise it'll cost you quite a bit to get a new one put on.

Also, you asked on CS what box is needed, it's a JB3 that is on the 16v as standard or you could use a JB5 which is what is on the williams as standard but will also fit OK. The JB3 is the same as found on the Renault 19 16v just that they came with different gear ratios so a box from a 19 16v would fit as well.

Danny-ACE!
01-05-2006, 19:44

It depends mate, you can get a reconditioned box (all new internals) for about £450 iirc, or you could get a second hand box for about £50. If a garage changed the clutch fairly recently and that is the cause then take it back to get it sorted. If you can do it yourself though you may be as well putting another box on, otherwise it'll cost you quite a bit to get a new one put on.

Also, you asked on CS what box is needed, it's a JB3 that is on the 16v as standard or you could use a JB5 which is what is on the williams as standard but will also fit OK. The JB3 is the same as found on the Renault 19 16v just that they came with different gear ratios so a box from a 19 16v would fit as well.

Ok. Well thanks very much for your help. I need a new Gbox. I dont know if I can afford a brand new one. Ill have to see. Ill go down the Renault garage tomorrow and see how much a brand new one is fitted. Ill pop down the scrappy and see If I can find one aswell. There are a couple on ebay but they have no internals and I cant see that being easy to swap them over.

Cheers!

Danny-ACE!
01-05-2006, 19:44

Ok. Well thanks very much for your help. I need a new Gbox. I dont know if I can afford a brand new one. Ill have to see. Ill go down the Renault garage tomorrow and see how much a brand new one is fitted. Ill pop down the scrappy and see If I can find one aswell. There are a couple on ebay but they have no internals and I cant see that being easy to swap them over.

Cheers!

Andyvalver
01-05-2006, 19:54
:shock: Renaul garage, brand new, and FITTED :lol:

£££££££££££££££££££££££££ ££££££££££££££££ :wink:

donsrno1
01-05-2006, 20:05
lol, as Andy says don't go to renault to get it fitted - they will charge an absolute fortune. Also, as clowo16v says you may be able to re-tap your gearbox casing wherever the problem was as it seems a bit harsh having to put a new box on because of that. How long ago did the garage do the work on the car, as you should be able to get something from them if it's clear it was their fault.

Andyvalver
01-05-2006, 20:20
You get some kind of warrenty when you have a clutch done dont you? Like 3 months or somet :? at my dads place you get 12 months on all work

clowo16v
01-05-2006, 20:35
Get some photos up of where its broken mate. Where abouts are you based?

I'd get a 2nd hand gearbox for it tbh the 2nd gearbox I put in mine was a recon and that blew up after 2 weeks. The best gearbox i've had is one out of a Volvo 440 that cost £20 or something silly like that it lasted ages.

Matt

Justin..
01-05-2006, 20:38
is it the same box then?

Danny-ACE!
01-05-2006, 23:36
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/pXc-bill/DSC00670.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/pXc-bill/DSC00669.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/pXc-bill/DSC00674.jpg

You can see that 2 of the bolts are the same and one is different.
They are covered in locktite of something?
The piece of gearbox housing that snapped off in my hand and the exposed thread where is has actually snapped off the housing.

I got the engine going today by taking the earth off of the engine mount and putting it onto the battery neg using a piece of speaker cable. Started up first time with no trouble.

Im getting it welded or helicoiled this week sometime. It should be back on the road soon!

Cheers for the help!

VIPERONE
01-05-2006, 23:47
answered via cs...

bah..go for a willy gearbox ;-).. make sure you order the bolts correct ones tht is..matt brown will post you the part code up