PDA

View Full Version : can you buy the bottom bit of supersprint seperate?

midge
01-05-2006, 16:41
my manifold has cracked at the bottom and so i just need the bottom half can you buy this seperate? would it be ok to just get it welded up? its cracked just over half way all the way round near where it joins the cat.

BRUN
01-05-2006, 16:47
most supersprint gear does come in seperate parts but this might not do

id have to check the supersprint catalogue at work

jay s
01-05-2006, 18:06
:shock: when did that happen mate? was it like that on saturday? sorry don't know about the manifold. is it common for them to crack as i could do without mine cracking, not even got it fitted yet. can they be stopped from cracking??

midge
01-05-2006, 19:22
jay -no they cant, you should just give me your fresh one.. ;)
it did happen on saturday i just believed it to be my shit exhaust but it was infact both the de-cat and the manifold that were blowing, im very pissed off at this as i hade something lined up for the clio, hopefully it can just be welded..

Justin..
01-05-2006, 19:30
dude, its metal. sure it can be welded, dont see why not :?

jay s
01-05-2006, 19:49
might be a long shot but try k-tec tomorrow and see if they could sell u just the bottom half or ask if they could order the part from supersprint, speak to david his the top bloke i think.

midge
01-05-2006, 20:09
gona take it rsr tommorrow and ask them to weld it, with a bit of luck my new exhaust will come tommorrow to so it can all go at the same time

VIPERONE
01-05-2006, 23:32
my supersprint downpipe snapped just after the hole for the lambda sensor.

i had it welded up.. get them to strengthen the weld with bars.

you need to invest in an R19 engine mount, make sure the tie bar is fitted on the dogbone mount and check the security of your engine mounts,,, its movement which causes the crack...

it is an absolute twat to get the pipe off and on again.
remember to have it TIG welded NOT Mig

VIPERONE
01-05-2006, 23:34
Oh and by the way.. you can not get a replacement part from k-tec, or the UK importer... not even supersprint do spares!

midge
02-05-2006, 01:22
which engine mount do i need? tie bar??
mine has cracked in the same place you have mentioned, i think it might be the amount off movement i have in the exhaust that has caused it though, as ive been using a de-cat for the last few days which apears to be about 1-2cm shorter than the normal one

VIPERONE
02-05-2006, 01:58
you need an extra r19 mount and bracket...